Status
Not open for further replies.

airfins

Jun 22, 2007
Anfield, L4
www.flickr.com
IMG_53223.jpg

~Light Show~

Something is just not right here, could be the haze that cause this picture to lose the impact. What Av should I use for this kind of shot?
24mm, 0.6 sec, f2.8, EV -1, ISO 100, On Tripod - Shutter release.
Weather : Cloudy, Hazy

Please comment :sweat: Thankzzz

I would have cropped in tighter to avoid the wide expanse of sea.

The details seem a bit soft. Since you have a tripod, a slight longer shutter with smaller aperture may have been better.

Thanks ;) will try the cropping, but as you pointed out about the softness of the image I am afraid that by cropping it will become more obvious. Am I right to say that for wide angle shot or landscape try not to use the widest aperture? softness issue. f8-f16 ok for night?

Usually lenses are sharper at f/8 to f/11, beyond that you get diffraction due to small aperture, before that you get lack of DOF.

Not sure if it is the haze or lack of DOF, since you have after all used f/2.8, which is a pretty large aperture. However at super wide angles sometimes you can afford it. 24mm after crop factor or before? I'm guessing before, because I got a wider view in my picture than you did.

I see you were trying to capture the light show's lights, but I think either you'd have to go more than once and work really hard to remember which part has the correct light arrangement you want, or get something not here-not-there like you have. I'd prefer to shift more to the left from your vantage point, use f/8 to f/11, lowest ISO possible, and slightly overexpose or expose just right. With that sort of setting you'd get all the ripples relatively smoothed out, which would look better, in my view.

I'm talking about #1 only, btw. =)

Thanks night86mare, you got a point there and you are right about the 24mm.Its before the 1.6 crop factor. Will try f8 next time. I think its the f2.8, shallow DOF creating a soft and impact less image :(. Check out your picture liao, love the Steamboat Willy and the 1 taken at Victoria Peak.

Thanks eikin for the reminder sorry ah, its my 1st time posting photo for critic ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.