Not open for further replies.

Juvelyn

Jun 8, 2002
Visit site
Have a friend who's going to HK soon.

Asking him to buy back Almond biscuits.

What other foods are good to "da bao" (buy back) from there, ah? :embrass:

oh i just came back from hk.

i da bao-ed egg tarts and century egg tarts from ta chong bakery (famous for its egg tarts!) it's at lyndhurst terrace. the egg tarts are one of a kind. the crust melts in your mouth while you can literally slurp up the egg. and the shop's walls are lined with pictures of chris patten devouring them. hard to go wrong!

another popular item to da-bao would be yung kee's famous roast goose (about 70 bucks for 1), comes in special packaging to survive the three hour flight home.

can also da-bao the po luo bao with custurd from st honor's cake shop. it's crisp on the outside with rich custurd spilling out from within.

wildhoney said:
oh i just came back from hk.

i da bao-ed egg tarts and century egg tarts from ta chong bakery (famous for its egg tarts!) it's at lyndhurst terrace. the egg tarts are one of a kind. the crust melts in your mouth while you can literally slurp up the egg. and the shop's walls are lined with pictures of chris patten devouring them. hard to go wrong!

another popular item to da-bao would be yung kee's famous roast goose (about 70 bucks for 1), comes in special packaging to survive the three hour flight home.

can also da-bao the po luo bao with custurd from st honor's cake shop. it's crisp on the outside with rich custurd spilling out from within.

hi wildhoney.... could you let me know more exactly where ta chong bakery at lyndhurst terrace is? Is it near Mongkok or Yau Ma Tei?

it's near the mid-levels escalator.
you have to take the mtr over to hongkong island, drop at central mtr.

it's either lyndhurst terrace or lyndhurst crescent.
anyway, yung kee's which is at wellington st wd also be round the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.