Hong Kong Camera Gears Shopping Guide 2012

any kind soul going in the coming month or so?

hope to tompang a Olympus Omd =) please pm me thanks!

Greetings from HK!

Did some gear shopping, and I must say that Wing Shing / Tin Cheung's prices are getting relatively uncompetitive as compared to the local stores. I don't speak Canto, so naturally I was earmarked as a tourist. I walked past some of the price.com.hk stores, and some of them look really dodgy - so you'll be sorely disappointed if you use these prices as a benchmark.

Eventually I bought my gears from Tony Leung at New Sanyko: some of the CSers are regulars there, and I got a "local" pricing, which is pretty decent.

EDIT:

An alternative to payment is actually to withdraw via DBS ATMs in HK. Just make sure you set sufficient withdrawal limits via Internet Banking. While there is no service fee, you'll get FX charges. For instance, I did a cash withdrawal to test things out, and I was charged at 5.996 vs the Arcade money changer at 6.15+. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
i was quoted 3980 for the tokina 11-16mm f2.8 pro dx ii at 2 of wing shing outlets with 1 year international warranty.. price.com.hk listed lowest at 4680.. too good to be true??

Going Hong Kong next week, any place to recommend buy cheap canon 16-35mm ?

Anyone can advise if samsung cameras have international warranty?

I going HK soon and thinking if buying NX2000 camera over there is much cheaper than in SG?

Hi,

Any idea if its cheaper to get a fuji xe-2 kit in hk?

How is Hk price on sony stuffs ? and wheres the place to get them. any old bird advice =)

anyone have links to photoshoot clubs or organizers in Hong Kong similar to the ones on Clubnsnap?