Hong Kong Camera Gears Shopping Guide 2012

FortyNine said:
I was thinking of the XE-1 with 18-55 too but am confused about the warranty issues also. Price.com.hk says they come with local HK warranty of 1 year . Is the fuji warranty international ?

Yes. 1 year International warranty. I bought mine special HK edition X-E1 + XF35 set for SGD 1650 after conversion last year oct in HK.

No worries abt d warranty k.

Yes. 1 year International warranty. I bought mine special HK edition X-E1 + XF35 set for SGD 1650 after conversion last year oct in HK.

No worries abt d warranty k.

Yeah, the warranty is international. Make sure keep the receipt.

Check the warranty card to make sure it says international warranty

trd2970 said:
Check the warranty card to make sure it says international warranty

Yes. Make sure u get from reputable shops like Fortress, Broadway, Man Shing, Wing Shing or Tin Cheung. Ask for d international warranty n make sure they chop all d warranty cards on both d body n lens. Keep d receipt safely. Cheers.

Yes. Make sure u get from reputable shops like Fortress, Broadway, Man Shing, Wing Shing or Tin Cheung. Ask for d international warranty n make sure they chop all d warranty cards on both d body n lens. Keep d receipt safely. Cheers.

Thanks. I see on price.com.hk that says some XE-1 18-55 kit are " water goods " selling at about Sing$ 1350 - meaning those come without warranty and we should avoid right ?

Last edited:
FortyNine said:
Thanks. I see on price.com.hk that says some XE-1 18-55 kit are " water goods " selling at about Sing$ 1350 - meaning those come without warranty and we should avoid right ?

Yes. Not even haf local HK warranty in HK. Water goods. So much cheaper. Unless u wanna take d risk.

If u really decide to buy water goods...make sure u check 100% before u accept the goods.

Yes. Not even haf local HK warranty in HK. Water goods. So much cheaper. Unless u wanna take d risk.

Many thanks. U have some pre-asph 35, some CVs with X-E1. Does the sensor like all this M-mount lens ? Any particular issues ?

I intend to try my CV 35 f1.2, ZM 50 f2 on the XE-1.

FortyNine said:
Many thanks. U have some pre-asph 35, some CVs with X-E1. Does the sensor like all this M-mount lens ? Any particular issues ?

I intend to try my CV 35 f1.2, ZM 50 f2 on the XE-1.

All these M lenses n Contax CY lens works great on d X-E1. Guess d CV35-1.2 & ZM50-2 should b good on it too. Happy shooting.

anyone gotten their Canon 6D recently in Hong Kong? Moi will be there this wed and for once have time to do a bit of shopping. tks in advance

With the continuous weakness in Sing $, I wonder whether it is still worth to buy from overseas.

With the continuous weakness in Sing $, I wonder whether it is still worth to buy from overseas.

Sing $ is relatively stable to the hkd. Don't see it weakening against hkd.

I'm looking at getting a Billingham Hadley Pro bag in HK. Does anyone know which Tin Cheung outlet is the best for Billingham bags? I heard that not all of their stores carry Billingham.

vee5 said:
I'm looking at getting a Billingham Hadley Pro bag in HK. Does anyone know which Tin Cheung outlet is the best for Billingham bags? I heard that not all of their stores carry Billingham.

Sin city

May I know, is there any particular street/area which sells camera accessories such as Fuji X100 filter adapter, leather half case, strap etc... Need not be original.

May I know, is there any particular street/area which sells camera accessories such as Fuji X100 filter adapter, leather half case, strap etc... Need not be original.

Try sim city building at mong kok

Can I check, is it still possible to buy a NEW Nikon 70-200 VR1 in HK?

Or has production stopped and we are limited to the VR2?

10Q

Can I check, is it still possible to buy a NEW Nikon 70-200 VR1 in HK?

Or has production stopped and we are limited to the VR2?

10Q

Don't think so. It's discontinued for some time. Perhaps some shops may have new old stocks but I wouldn't want to take the risk. There's a reason why the shops couldn't sell off. Also the price may not be good as the shop might have been stuck with a high cost back then.

Either way, most local dealers selling sets from nikon distribution would have rotated the old stocks back to the distributor back then.

Don't think so. It's discontinued for some time. Perhaps some shops may have new old stocks but I wouldn't want to take the risk. There's a reason why the shops couldn't sell off. Also the price may not be good as the shop might have been stuck with a high cost back then.

Either way, most local dealers selling sets from nikon distribution would have rotated the old stocks back to the distributor back then.

10Q, this is helpful info for me.

I think between getting it 2nd hand a new nikon 70-200 f4, I choose the later

realise that not much ppl mention about purchasing of the D800 here. has anyone recently been to HK to make this purchase? mind sharing your experience?

Thanks in Advance! :)