Hong Kong Camera Gears Shopping Guide 2012

buzzmario said:
anyway in the link to check the price of a hk local set not a grey set. would like to have the 2 year internation warranty for the tokina lens. thnaks

Double click on the item and you should see the price history being uploaded. If you really worry, go to Wing Shing or Man Shing then. Their price are standard and will not mark up seeing you are tourist. Other shop is Tin Cheung, they have offical and grey set so you have to tell them in advance.

Would like to know if the 5D mark iii is for sale in hong kong!

Most definitely. Was temped to upgrade myself.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III

But, I might wait for the price to become more stable in a couple of months...

Hi, I will be visiting Hongkong in mid of Apr. Planning to buy my first DSLR - nikon D3100/D5100...Have got mixed advices on buying the camera from HK as most of the shops would give local warranty and not international one. Being an amatuer in DSLR - This local warranty has raised doubts on buying the cam in HK..

Looking for suggestions from the experts over here in the Forum ::

(1) Should I go for it to buy in HK ?
(2) D3100 or D5100 - which one is better for an amatuer?

Thanks

can anyone please advise on my query ?
Thanks

Hi CS TAN,

may i ask which places in HK are best to shop for leica stuff?
i am particularly interested in looking for camera straps (A&A maybe) , camera bags (billingham/A&A/fogg), Voigtlander lightmeter
and maybe just window shop for 2nd hand leica lenses (M mount for leica)

also looking to buy 35mm films (fren told me stanley street)

i will most probably be visiting man shing, tin cheung, other mongkok shops as well as the champage court mentioned earlier in this thread.

just wondering if you might know any exotic / special place for this sort of shopping haha. TIA.

Hi CS TAN,

may i ask which places in HK are best to shop for leica stuff?
i am particularly interested in looking for camera straps (A&A maybe) , camera bags (billingham/A&A/fogg), Voigtlander lightmeter
and maybe just window shop for 2nd hand leica lenses (M mount for leica)

also looking to buy 35mm films (fren told me stanley street)

i will most probably be visiting man shing, tin cheung, other mongkok shops as well as the champage court mentioned earlier in this thread.

just wondering if you might know any exotic / special place for this sort of shopping haha. TIA.
There is the official Leica Store in HK:
Leica

For Leica aftermarket accessories, you can visit Sim City in Mongkok. Sim City is made up of a lot of small shops within 4 stories of a commercial building.

Not sure about 35mm films but definitely you will be able find them in Stanley Street over in Central HK.

For second hand stuff, Champagne Court is a good place to go. You can also try Sim City as they might also carry 2nd hand Leica lenses. For Sim City, most of these 2nd hand stores might only carry Nikon/Canon DSLR body and lens.

hi cs tan,

possible to work in the way.

i email the shop to ask for a quote and with the quote when i go over to hkl in early june, i purchase the item as per the quote price?
of course i email the,, say 2 week prior to my arriving in hk.
thanks

hi cs tan,

possible to work in the way.

i email the shop to ask for a quote and with the quote when i go over to hkl in early june, i purchase the item as per the quote price?
of course i email the,, say 2 week prior to my arriving in hk.
thanks
I don't think most HK shops will give out eQuotes. They will only give out quotes face to face since the price changes on a daily basis.

hi cs tan,

may i ask which r the best places in hk to look for 2nd second minolta lens n sony stuff both 2nd hand n new??

For new, you can try the reputable 萬成 and 永成. Can also consider DCFever which I find that their price also quite good or DigiCo, small shop but selling only sony stuffs)
Man Shing Photo Supplies(萬成攝影器材)
G/F., 104-106 Tung Choi Street, Mongkok, Kowloon

Wing Shing Photo Supplies (永成攝影器材)
G/F., 91-95 Fa Yuen Street, Mongkok, Kowloon (Flagship store)

Wing Shing Photo Supplies (永成攝影器材)
G/F., 55-57 Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok, Kowloon (branch)

Shop@Dcfever
Shop 326-329 & 339-340, 3/F, Sim+C7 City, 47-51 Shan Tung Street, Mongkok

Digi@Co
Shop 204, 2/F, Sim City, 47-51 Shan Tung Street, Mongkok

hi for reputable 萬成 and 永成 and DCfever, it like tk photo, ms colour here in singapore where the price is fixed? the price also same as in differnt outlet of 萬成 and 永成? thks

hi cs tan,

has only finish read the 1st thread on hk cam gear shopping till page 36. like to ask,

eariler post say tokina has international warranty but at page 36 one say not international warranty. so has or dun has.

base on Tin Cheung Camera (天祥攝影器材公司) web site, the price stated is the much much highter than the hk check price web site. am i correct the price willstill go further down when i go to the shop?

thanks

hi for reputable 萬成 and 永成 and DCfever, it like tk photo, ms colour here in singapore where the price is fixed? the price also same as in differnt outlet of 萬成 and 永成? thks
For 萬成, 永成 and 天祥, their price are fixed among their different outlet. Not sure about DCFever. I only check out shop around Mongkok.

Yea. All the 萬成 and 永成 outlet : Same pricing. So dont bother going each and every to get quote. (Because i tried..but well you can try if you dont believe). Not sure if price are fixed. Didnt negotiate/bargain since their price are quite competitive and they are reputable authorized dealer..

CS TAN said:
Most definitely. Was temped to upgrade myself.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III

But, I might wait for the price to become more stable in a couple of months...

Price not as good as SG this time

after reading the 50 pages of the prev thread which took me few, day , for tokina 11-16 f2.8. I got a quote from tony of sanyo at hk5100 and and from the hk price web, it around 4800 to 4900 (local set), and that was quoted 3 months ago. here is singapore, i could get it at 850 sing.

So it work out to be a different of 50 to 70 sing dollar.

So what is your advise here? worth it?

buzzmario said:
after reading the 50 pages of the prev thread which took me few, day , for tokina 11-16 f2.8. I got a quote from tony of sanyo at hk5100 and and from the hk price web, it around 4800 to 4900 (local set), and that was quoted 3 months ago. here is singapore, i could get it at 850 sing.

If only 50-70, better to buy in Spore

Anyone brought a sigma from HK and claim Warranty back in singapore?

worth it or not..really depends on you. Its your money..