Hong Kong - Billionaire Capital

dche5390

Jun 20, 2009
Sydney
Having returned back from a weeklong trip to Hong Kong, I'm busily compiling over 3000 images for a tilt shift time lapse of 10+ locations.

Rarely had any time to take any proper photos. But here are a few favourites from the first night after landing.

After the temptest, the view from The Peak is postcard worthy.

The only language understood here is cash. And lots of it. I've never seen so many luxury European cars in one sitting (and not in a showroom!).

#2 angle a bit common.

but #1 and #3 definitely got my vote especially #1! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

be careful of your horizon being tilted, as well as vertical perspective distortion (or the keystone effect).

Pretty hard to correct the 24-70L's distortion. Been trying to figure it out but to no avail. Should have brought my 17-35L along! Grrr.

Apart from #2, the horizons are straight.

Pretty hard to correct the 24-70L's distortion. Been trying to figure it out but to no avail. Should have brought my 17-35L along! Grrr.

try ptlens software as recommended by night86mare haha. :)

the keystone effect is separate from barrel distortion which is a lens characteristic.

this is because your sensor is not parallel to the true vertical. this results in converging or diverging verticals.

the keystone effect is separate from barrel distortion which is a lens characteristic.

this is because your sensor is not parallel to the true vertical. this results in converging or diverging verticals.

bro, so usually prime lens wun have this problem right as compared to zoom lens? :dunno:

For a quick fix, you can use the Distort>Lens correction in photoshop. But that means some areas will be cropped off.

bro, so usually prime lens wun have this problem right as compared to zoom lens? :dunno:

which one, if it is barrel distortion, not really.. as far as i see, all wides have barrel distortion. just a degree of how well controlled it is.