Honda Stream or Toyota Wish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi all,

I'm planning to get a MPV for my family growing needs. Have narrowed down to these 2 models. Any suggestions which one I should buy?

I know the Wish is an outdated model, going to be replaced soon, but the pricing is good. However, the Stream is smaller but more powerful. Not so many version compared to Wish. I'm talking about getting from PIs. Not planning to get from Borneo or Kah. Reason is that Borneo ones are not totally made in Japan, and Kah ones are only very basic model with a high price.

Any comments are deeply appreciated.

Personally I would prefer the Wish. But I would suggest that you test drive both cars to see which suits you more.

Honda stream is a more updated model than the wish. Also you can consider the newly released Honda Freed, which can sit 8 and extremely fuel efficient.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Freed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMLPBKAF9w

Thanks bro. Looking at the Freed, I don't like the 'backside'. Not as nice as the Stream. I'll either go for the Wish or the Stream. Think I'm more swayed towards the Stream.

Personally I would prefer the Wish. But I would suggest that you test drive both cars to see which suits you more.

Have tested both. Wish is more spacious, but engine wise, I think Stream is more responsive. Price wise, Stream is steeper. Difficult choice...:confused:

Honda stream can barely seat 2 adults comfortably behind... but consider it as a compact odyssey ;p

Hi all,

I'm planning to get a MPV for my family growing needs. Have narrowed down to these 2 models. Any suggestions which one I should buy?

I know the Wish is an outdated model, going to be replaced soon, but the pricing is good. However, the Stream is smaller but more powerful. Not so many version compared to Wish. I'm talking about getting from PIs. Not planning to get from Borneo or Kah. Reason is that Borneo ones are not totally made in Japan, and Kah ones are only very basic model with a high price.

Any comments are deeply appreciated.

u wan to see my stream upclose ? personally driving a stream for 3mths now. after aug i can meet u and show u the ride up close.

for up till now. i can easily achieve 13-14km/l thou.. which is very good for my already. :sticktong

if u wanna know more just msg me. u know where to find me one hor ? :sticktong

Honda stream can barely seat 2 adults comfortably behind... but consider it as a compact odyssey ;p

seat 2 teenagers also got problem lah... if fit CNG... can kiss the 2 seats behind goodbye liao. :bsmilie:

Honda stream is a more updated model than the wish. Also you can consider the newly released Honda Freed, which can sit 8 and extremely fuel efficient.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Freed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMLPBKAF9w

Honda freed looks like a minibus man... looks alot like the Stepwagon thou... that time i was sitting in the stepwagon, after alighting, i feel like just alighting from a sampan. :bsmilie:

Thanks bro. Looking at the Freed, I don't like the 'backside'. Not as nice as the Stream. I'll either go for the Wish or the Stream. Think I'm more swayed towards the Stream.

i think chisiang is also a stream owner.... i saw his stream on some other forums before. if thats the same person.. den we got the same ride with the same mods on the exterior at least.. hhahahha... :bsmilie:

come join us... honda ivtec is calling u. :devil:

OK bro. Basically, I have 5 adults including myself and 2 beautiful girls (my daughters lah). What you thinking of? Shooting them? :bsmilie:

I think the Stream just nice. After I position them, they sit comfortably with ample leg room. We're all not very big size, so overall a comfy ride. I'm looking at since going about the same price, why should I buy something outdated (ie the Wish technology)?

u wan to see my stream upclose ? personally driving a stream for 3mths now. after aug i can meet u and show u the ride up close.

for up till now. i can easily achieve 13-14km/l thou.. which is very good for my already. :sticktong

if u wanna know more just msg me. u know where to find me one hor ? :sticktong

Why must after Aug? I dio tok very deep (中毒太深)liaoz...Must show me now lah! :bsmilie:

This one is worse than my camera gear, so must really consider carefully.

I'm a light footer, so FS should be much much better than my current Mit Lancer, which clocks about 10km/l, max 11km/l. :thumbsd:

seat 2 teenagers also got problem lah... if fit CNG... can kiss the 2 seats behind goodbye liao. :bsmilie:

I'm not an environmentalist, so not going for CNG. I don't drive a lot, so won't contribute so much pollutants to Mother Earth. Only during my free time for my family. I want them to lead a better life! :)

Honda freed looks like a minibus man... looks alot like the Stepwagon thou... that time i was sitting in the stepwagon, after alighting, i feel like just alighting from a sampan. :bsmilie:

Definitely not going for Freed, so don't even bother to tempt me. :sticktong

i think chisiang is also a stream owner.... i saw his stream on some other forums before. if thats the same person.. den we got the same ride with the same mods on the exterior at least.. hhahahha... :bsmilie:

come join us... honda ivtec is calling u. :devil:

Siao liao...I think I sure go Stream liao...no need even to see your car I already swayed towards it. :devil:

Have tested drive with my family with KM, but it's only a very, very basic Stream. Don't even have armrest, yet still selling more ex than the PIs!!! :thumbsd:

I'm definitely going with the PIs, be it Stream or Wish.

So where to buy the cheapest Stream? Kah motor is selling the Stream at $75500 now.
http://www.honda.com.sg/cars/price_sheet.asp

Have you considered the facelifted Mazda 5 also?
http://www.mazda.com.sg/HomePage/Ca...A2lUBRYaVxAHhhXrzpCjK1As1OFdiX6UIkefeWOOmEA==

Thanks bro.

Definitely not going to KM. Very basic Stream!!! No armrest!!! :thumbsd:

Mazda? Nop. Only Stream and Wish please. Thanks. :)

you've obviously have 3/4 your mind on honda le :devil: haha
well anyway, from personal experience Stream's not bad, i sat in one before ( kena the back seat ) still acceptably comfortable for the whole ride :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.