Honda Jazz/ Fit

Is the Honda Jazz/Fit 1.3A underpowered?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry2308

Aug 30, 2005
Kembangan
Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a Honda Jazz/ Fit 1.3A. But was reluctant as some friends told me its underpower.Would like to hear from those that are driving it,do you think its underpowered?

huh..i thought this is kopitiam section so just asking to see what CSer Jazz/Fit driver have to say mah.

jerry2308 said:
Hi guys,

I am thinking of getting a Honda Jazz/ Fit 1.3A. But was reluctant as some friends told me its underpower.Would like to hear from those that are driving it,do you think its underpowered?

It's seriously underpowered but wallet friendly when it comes to millege per litre :)

Go for the swift. Got power :bsmilie:

Klose said:
It's seriously underpowered but wallet friendly when it comes to millege per litre :)

Go for the swift. Got power :bsmilie:

Yeah yeah SWIFT!!! Been driving it since last Sept... Very fun car to drive... Definitely more power than my friend's Jazz... but best FC I got so far is 12.5km/litre... auto version...

Jia Wang said:
Yeah yeah SWIFT!!! Been driving it since last Sept... Very fun car to drive... Definitely more power than my friend's Jazz... but best FC I got so far is 12.5km/litre... auto version...

Waiting for mine to come :sweat: Already have COE and number plate :bsmilie:

Jia Wang said:

ahem.... u talking abt me??? ;)

ehm.... depends on what's your expectation lor... if u talking abt power for chionging.... i must say it's not that powerful lah.... but also not that bad too... especially if you go for the manual version... but you are going for Auto...

For normal day to day driving... i must say that it is definitely sufficient and comfortable.... :thumbsup: If want power for chionging... go for the more powerful version 1.5Vtec... :thumbsup:

Anyway.. the current pricing for Jazz is very attractive.....

Doesn't the Jazz have a 1.4L engine, while the Fit is a 1.3L?

I have a Jazz and don't find it underpowered, then again I don't have expectations for a car in that class to perform like a Ferrari. It's comparatively zippy, especially when placed against other cars like the Suzuki Swift and Toyota Altis. Great fuel consumption too... especially in these times of high fuel prices. And it's especially roomy for a small car. The interior space is well thought out and seems a lot bigger when you are inside the car. The rear seats and front passenger seat folds down to accomodate odd sized loads. The lower cushion can be folded up to accomodate tall objects... really versatile.

jerry2308 said:
huh..i thought this is kopitiam section so just asking to see what CSer Jazz/Fit driver have to say mah.

Just suggesting you to go car forum to ask abt car...and there are tons of car forums locally.

Cheers!

Terence said:
Doesn't the Jazz have a 1.4L engine, while the Fit is a 1.3L?

both has same engine, 1339cc, just that Jazz is an export model while Fit meant for Japanese market. 1.4L probably due to Kah Motor classify it as 1.4 instead of 1.3 ? :dunno:

hehe, Jazz owners loves their Jazz :lovegrin:

How's your fuel consumption ? For mine, average 15km/L.

to me, Jazz is not underpowered on Singapore roads, you most likely will only drive up to 90-100km/h most. Unless you travel to Malaysia often, then you might want to consider a 1.5 model.

jerry2308 said:
Hi guys,

Go test drive and see. I'm driving a Fit/Jazz, very fuel efficient at around 14km/l. In Singapore, it's more than enough power.

cheers

Woah...got Swift liao...Congrats bro! :)

Jia Wang said:

Jia Wang said:

How much u got your Swift for? Sports version?

I am not the chiong chiong type..Just me and my wife and maybe kids in future..So guess the jazz is good enough..

jerry2308 said:
I am not the chiong chiong type..Just me and my wife and maybe kids in future..So guess the jazz is good enough..

Before you even decide.... go test drive all your shortlisted car within your budget.... this will give you a better idea....;)

I had a Jazz 1.4 before trading in for my van. It's pretty nippy for the roads here - so much so that I got three speeding tickets. So easy just to put the foot down and by doing 100km/h. To me, the Jazz was a great little car. Good trunk space, excellent interior (not clunky like cheaper cars) and great drive. I miss it but at least I still have my license.

I have the Honda Jazz, the body is very light, so it can actually pick up speed very fast, I feel the power is good enough, only that due to the body is light, so if I stop at slope going uphill, there is a tendency the car will slide backwards, and another problem is the body is light so when I press the foot on accelerator, it is very sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.