Honda Crossroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

roDz

Feb 6, 2006
On A Little Red Dot
I'm very interested in this model...Crossroad/Honda...anyone here driving/ever drive one?

Whats the price of it brand new? Which PI do you recommend?

Thanks...:D

Prices now start from 69k for the basic 1.8L... to 86K for the 1.8L HID Edition
FYI, when it first reached our shores it was barely 60k.....

its a nice car to drive, but remember its not a boy racer. You wont likely speed in this car either as it has higher centre of gravity and you learn to be easier on bends compared to a honda sir.

with its i-vtec engine, it is supposed to be good on fuel consumption (fc) compared to say a suzuki vitara or mazda cx7. Just remember, this car can never rival a jazz for fc. So dont blame yourself when your petrol bill climb by another 50% compared to your peer with a jazz.

i'd owned a few suv before and quite a number of hondas in the past and am able to share without bias.

With a Japan assembled/made car, you cant go wrong. If you are choosing based on design and you love the look of it, then go for it. Chances are, you will drive it for many years to come.

I like this car too :)
so nice. :)

The last i enquired,it goes for $67,888 for the LX model...with quite a number of freebees...the usual staff...but that was about a month back from Apricar...with immediate delivery

Yep i know i cant drive the car like a saloon car but i think the fc will definitely better than my almost 5 years Sunny! that is a sucker for petrol...

Does anyone know of a reputable PI that can offer reasonable/competitive price?

Thanks

its a nice car to drive, but remember its not a boy racer. You wont likely speed in this car either as it has higher centre of gravity and you learn to be easier on bends compared to a honda sir.

with its i-vtec engine, it is supposed to be good on fuel consumption (fc) compared to say a suzuki vitara or mazda cx7. Just remember, this car can never rival a jazz for fc. So dont blame yourself when your petrol bill climb by another 50% compared to your peer with a jazz.

i'd owned a few suv before and quite a number of hondas in the past and am able to share without bias.

With a Japan assembled/made car, you cant go wrong. If you are choosing based on design and you love the look of it, then go for it. Chances are, you will drive it for many years to come.
thanks for the advise,appreciate it...:thumbsup:

What is the FC of yoru SUVs ?
Did look at the Xroad before but thought its CD maybe high due to the shape. but I am dogmatic :p

I'm very interested in this model...Crossroad/Honda...anyone here driving/ever drive one?

Whats the price of it brand new? Which PI do you recommend?

Thanks...:D
Look for Richburg Motors, Pinnacle Motors. They are the better "PI" importers out there.

It's a nice car, but do be wary of it being a parallel import. So make sure your warranty covers everything and that spare parts will be available for at least 3-4 years.

Some PI's might sell it cheap, because they kill your warranty off. So don't jump if you can find a cheap deal. Find a reliable dealer instead.

GMAN

Last edited:
Look for Richburg Motors, Pinnacle Motors. They are the better "PI" importers out there.

It's a nice car, but do be wary of it being a parallel import. So make sure your warranty covers everything and that spare parts will be available for at least 3-4 years.

Some PI's might sell it cheap, because they kill your warranty off. So don't jump if you can find a cheap deal. Find a reliable dealer instead.

GMAN
hey tanx for the info...never think of that before...:thumbsup: got my sunny from tan chong & trajet from komoco before that...i guess this will be the 1st PI car...:think:

Did look at the Xroad before but thought its CD maybe high due to the shape. but I am dogmatic :p

Hi Connor,
I guess it is not too appropriate to use my vehicle as a basis for comparison.

The fc of my existing (2.0 litre) SUV was at its worst 6.8km per litre of petrol. In late 2008, i had improved it to two digit (ie 10km per litre of petrol).

I did some drastic change to the stock model and hence i asked for it. To move from 6km/litre to 10k/litre, i had to do alot of conversion back to stock model plus changed my driving pattern totally.

My former suvs were on 4litre engines and so i guess it is out of the equation.

So, i honestly feel that it is not a good base to judge fc wrt to the vehicles i own.. i had off road tires on it. LOL

GMAN

This is very true. Look for PI with their own workshop behind the showroom and not those shady workshops at industrial area.

Warranty is very important for major faults. It is important to read thru the T&C.

I had a friend who bought from a reliable PI, but realised his wiring under the bonnet (ie hood) was damaged by rodents. The car drove out fine, but the funny electrical problems surfaced and when they brought it back, they found out it was caused by rodents!

So, pls check vehicle with a friend who knows abit about car. open everyone door, covers, etc that it within reach. You never know when you own a lemon and if you do, a PI will not replace one for one like the major car dealers would.

Honestly, a Japan assembled car is usually fine and that is also why all PI dare to import cars like Honda & toyota.

Hi Conor,

Sorry, i missed out your second question about fuel consumption. As the crossroad is large and wide and squarish, wind resistance will be prominent. So, go easy on the pedal. FC is dependent on how one drives and what one puts on in the vehicle. If one change to MT off road tires that is way oversized from factory recommended, you will definitely be seeing the lady at the petrol kiosk about twice a week. I am not joking, but you get back what you do to a nice car. A monster truck will have a monster bill, too. There is no two way about it.

But if you are the type who just keeps everything in its stock condition, and if you do regular oil and tranny oil changes, and, if you are real easy on the accelerator pedal, chances are, you will get good mileage still even though your car may be 5yrs old.

Daring is nothing, because Cars like Honda and Toyota are reliable. But do take note. These are Japanese Domestic Models. These cars were made for use in only Japan. The PI distributers export them over to Singapore. They get it at cheap prices.

Japanese Domestic Models, do not come with factory fitted air con. The radio set is not a big issue, because you can fit your own radio headset. Air con is important. Some of the PI's give their own aircon units, which sometimes are low powered compared to the original manufacturer's air con unit. And sometimes, warranty does not cover the Air con totally.

Another issue, if you would had noticed, is that some PI's can deliver the car within 3 days. How do they do that? Simple, they have bought in stock from the past and it's sitting in their ware house for sometime. After some washing and cleaning, the car looks new and nice, but god knows how long it has sat there and what "visitors" (Rodents, insects) might have visted the car to build their home in it.

If you may argue, what about authorized dealers, example like direct from Toyota Borneo Motors, don't they keep stock in their ware house? A matter of fact, they don't. They order a batch of cars per month. And only those who have booked the cars and paid down payement, those cars will arrive in their ware house. Authorized dealers can never deliver within 3 days. You have to wait for a few weeks or months in fact. My dad waited about 3 months for his car. There was no stock left at Honda Japan, and they were making the car.

Then again, there's another point for you to argue. Wouldn't example Toyota Japan have their cars stocked and sitting in the ware house. Yes, it's true. But these cars sit at the warehouse for a matter of 2-3 days only. Average time for the ship to come back from its destination country. At the main center in Japan. New cars are constantly being shipped out and constant checks are made. Japanese are very quality conscious.

So the most important fact, is that when you buy from a car from a PI, make sure he does not constraint you. Like force you to close the deal ASAP. Such things are a big NO.:nono:

Then again, take note too. JDM cars have nothing factory fitted to cut cost. Things like air con are not present.

Even the authorized dealers do not ship air con's fitted from the factory. Instead, they get the air con units from the factory and fit them over here in Singapore. Some of the cars that come with everything factory fitted are the Honda Civic. They use the authorized parts from the brand factory itself. So no issues at all. All are trained mechanics.

Why authorized dealers do not ship car's with air con fitted, is because it's taxable and it's cheaper to ship the original air con separately and fit them over here by the mechanics. This is for authorized dealers. Though many brands are slowly not doing it, to save time.

Some PI's may not use the original units.

So be very careful when you buy a PI car. Check the warranty, the important parts like the air con, seats. Lighting. Some PI's drive the new car for their own use and later tweak the meter to give it a 0 mileage reading. Happened before. So be wary of that too.

Hope it helps. If you are wondering if my information is credible, well, i've been into cars since the age of 6. :bsmilie:

Take care.

GMAN

Hi Conor,

Sorry, i missed out your second question about fuel consumption. As the crossroad is large and wide and squarish, wind resistance will be prominent. So, go easy on the pedal. FC is dependent on how one drives and what one puts on in the vehicle. If one change to MT off road tires that is way oversized from factory recommended, you will definitely be seeing the lady at the petrol kiosk about twice a week. I am not joking, but you get back what you do to a nice car. A monster truck will have a monster bill, too. There is no two way about it.

But if you are the type who just keeps everything in its stock condition, and if you do regular oil and tranny oil changes, and, if you are real easy on the accelerator pedal, chances are, you will get good mileage still even though your car may be 5yrs old.
bro thanks for the info...i'm very light on the pedal...i guess i dont worry about that...gone were the days when i love to speed...back when i was in the police force,driving police cars...but never on my own car...:bsmilie:

Hope it helps. If you are wondering if my information is credible, well, i've been into cars since the age of 6. :bsmilie:

Take care.

GMAN
bro....now u make me scared of buying cars from PI...:cry: better drive my current car till Kah motor bring in crossroad...:cry:

GMAN

You have very insightful comments and i believe your background or your family background could be from this industry.

Regarding zero mileage, it is a big warning bell if one have a car with zero mileage. Anything more than 5km is quite good, but zero is impossible. And yes, it is possible to tweek the odometer but it is against the law. I know how to check cars that had been tweeked. a trade secret i learnt when i was in car biz some yrs back. i dont need to tweek mileage as the difference is minimal in terms of depreciation. But if a car had been clocked backwards by 50 thousand km and showing only 30k km, the signs of wear will also tell its fake.

If a dealer wants to cheat, he would have many many ways to cut corners and you probably can only find out one item, while he already cheated you on 5. worse still, he can drag your car delivery date to 3mths and then take another 3mths to refund you back the deposit. You want to fight? Go to court as small claims court will kick you out.

Anyway, lets not get too bothered by the woes. If its brand new, it has to be brand new with proper warranty on it. Just make sure you know what yor signing and what you are promised to be clearly written in BLACK and WHITE with initial page by page from the PI's boss or person in charge.

bro thanks for the info...i'm very light on the pedal...i guess i dont worry about that...gone were the days when i love to speed...back when i was in the police force,driving police cars...but never on my own car...:bsmilie:

Yes, thats good. There are many other things one can do to save gas. when you really get this car, pm me, i can share some things to help make the car running in its stock condition, and remain good on gas mileage. oh, do not fix those after market gadgets that promises to save gas. EG, fuel magnets, capsule, open pod, etc.. LOL all these can be done without as the difference is probably minimal.

Speeding kills. So, yes, it is wise not to speed. Also, i realised that with a simple SUV, it had altered my way of driving. Speed becomes unimportant to me as i cant go fast to begin with. But if i drive smart, i can always beat a wrx by going into the right lane, at the right time, at the right speed - lawfully.

Yes, thats good. There are many other things one can do to save gas. when you really get this car, pm me, i can share some things to help make the car running in its stock condition, and remain good on gas mileage. oh, do not fix those after market gadgets that promises to save gas. EG, fuel magnets, capsule, open pod, etc.. LOL all these can be done without as the difference is probably minimal.

Speeding kills. So, yes, it is wise not to speed. Also, i realised that with a simple SUV, it had altered my way of driving. Speed becomes unimportant to me as i cant go fast to begin with. But if i drive smart, i can always beat a wrx by going into the right lane, at the right time, at the right speed - lawfully.
bro,i'll contact u after i get my dream car...:bsmilie:

Daring is nothing, because Cars like Honda and Toyota are reliable. But do take note. These are Japanese Domestic Models. These cars were made for use in only Japan. The PI distributers export them over to Singapore. They get it at cheap prices.

Japanese Domestic Models, do not come with factory fitted air con. The radio set is not a big issue, because you can fit your own radio headset. Air con is important. Some of the PI's give their own aircon units, which sometimes are low powered compared to the original manufacturer's air con unit. And sometimes, warranty does not cover the Air con totally.

Another issue, if you would had noticed, is that some PI's can deliver the car within 3 days. How do they do that? Simple, they have bought in stock from the past and it's sitting in their ware house for sometime. After some washing and cleaning, the car looks new and nice, but god knows how long it has sat there and what "visitors" (Rodents, insects) might have visted the car to build their home in it.

If you may argue, what about authorized dealers, example like direct from Toyota Borneo Motors, don't they keep stock in their ware house? A matter of fact, they don't. They order a batch of cars per month. And only those who have booked the cars and paid down payement, those cars will arrive in their ware house. Authorized dealers can never deliver within 3 days. You have to wait for a few weeks or months in fact. My dad waited about 3 months for his car. There was no stock left at Honda Japan, and they were making the car.

Then again, there's another point for you to argue. Wouldn't example Toyota Japan have their cars stocked and sitting in the ware house. Yes, it's true. But these cars sit at the warehouse for a matter of 2-3 days only. Average time for the ship to come back from its destination country. At the main center in Japan. New cars are constantly being shipped out and constant checks are made. Japanese are very quality conscious.

So the most important fact, is that when you buy from a car from a PI, make sure he does not constraint you. Like force you to close the deal ASAP. Such things are a big NO.:nono:

Then again, take note too. JDM cars have nothing factory fitted to cut cost. Things like air con are not present.

Even the authorized dealers do not ship air con's fitted from the factory. Instead, they get the air con units from the factory and fit them over here in Singapore. Some of the cars that come with everything factory fitted are the Honda Civic. They use the authorized parts from the brand factory itself. So no issues at all. All are trained mechanics.

Why authorized dealers do not ship car's with air con fitted, is because it's taxable and it's cheaper to ship the original air con separately and fit them over here by the mechanics. This is for authorized dealers. Though many brands are slowly not doing it, to save time.

Some PI's may not use the original units.

So be very careful when you buy a PI car. Check the warranty, the important parts like the air con, seats. Lighting. Some PI's drive the new car for their own use and later tweak the meter to give it a 0 mileage reading. Happened before. So be wary of that too.

Take care.

GMAN
Thanks for that insight which is a very valuable lessons for first time car owners. After reading what you said, i think i will go for original agent who distribute cars.

You have very insightful comments and i believe your background or your family background could be from this industry.

Regarding zero mileage, it is a big warning bell if one have a car with zero mileage. Anything more than 5km is quite good, but zero is impossible. And yes, it is possible to tweek the odometer but it is against the law. I know how to check cars that had been tweeked. a trade secret i learnt when i was in car biz some yrs back. i dont need to tweek mileage as the difference is minimal in terms of depreciation. But if a car had been clocked backwards by 50 thousand km and showing only 30k km, the signs of wear will also tell its fake.

If a dealer wants to cheat, he would have many many ways to cut corners and you probably can only find out one item, while he already cheated you on 5. worse still, he can drag your car delivery date to 3mths and then take another 3mths to refund you back the deposit. You want to fight? Go to court as small claims court will kick you out.

Anyway, lets not get too bothered by the woes. If its brand new, it has to be brand new with proper warranty on it. Just make sure you know what yor signing and what you are promised to be clearly written in BLACK and WHITE with initial page by page from the PI's boss or person in charge.
Sshhhh....its a trade secret my friend. And yes, there was a PI who tweaked it back to 0 km and the buyer was dumb enough to believe it. New cars will go some testing at the factory, and usually you get about 50-100Km at the start of a new car. Because your run in period is 1000Km.

True. Black and White is very important. Haha.

GMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.