Homeward Bound

acura

Deregistered
Feb 22, 2009
5077266331_fcc41dfc9f_z.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?

I would like feedback on the composition and the general feeling of the photo. Not too sure if the picture accurately reflects the title.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

It just seems quite melancholic to me, like going back after a hard day out at sea.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

I took this picture on the boat to ubin, was jus simply awed by the sunset then.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I think the sunset was a huge bonus. It was really very beautiful. Hopefully the insertion of the boat headed towards the sunset creates the feel that the title is trying to say.

Last edited:
I think you caught a wonderful sunset here.... just wished that there was more of a sky

You seem to be trying to use the foreground and boat to add some depth and weight to the image.... unfortunately (for me) I dont think it worked very well.... I would suggest focusing on ONE main foreground item if you're looking for that depth..... eg. reposition so that only the mast anchors this glorious sunset behind

Its just a suggestion above..... there are other ways this can be done .... use your imagination , not saying anymore

lovely weather that evening !

best of luck !! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wow, I really loved the colour composition. The sunset caught is really beautiful, however, the underexposed boat seems to be distracting, and hence couldn't bring out completely what you wanted to portray.

Anyway, just for curiosity, did you use any filter for this shoot?

Love the shot. Care to share hold you managed to float outside the boat to take this shot?
Will love it even more if it is width to cover more cloud.

ed9119: Thanks! I will definitely remember that. i only managed to get a portrait picture of the sunset which would otherwise show the boat. I'll try standing another position next time to catch the glory of the sunset:)

telboon: yea i agree, actually i have another one with the boat more exposed but the color of the sunset wasnt tt great. nope it was jus a normal UV filter. but if u want to noe, the lens was a sigma 17-70, the new version.

Red: eh actually i was jus standing at the rear edge of the boat, so it seemed tt way. yea 17mm was the widest i cld go, otherwse i wld love to capture the whole sunset. will try it again someday definitely

It has vignette in the corner :) , do u used lens hood ? , but i like the composition and tone :)

Nice colours of the sunset, well captured. Perhaps you could show more sky by placing the horizon line on the bottom third of the frame. Since the boat is place near the bottom right third of the photo, it kind of steals the attention away from the sun, unless if you meant it to be that way. :)