Home Theatre Set up for a HDB living room

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcf

Apr 10, 2005
270 degree of Singapore
Thinking of buying a 5.1 or 7.1 surround home threatre system for my 5 room HDB flat living room. Any recommendation for specific brand or make of speakers, ampliflier, DVD/CD player? It's use mainly for both TV, DVD, and less music listening, who know may be gaming in the future.

My budget is around S$1500+. Or any recommended place to get second hand one?

Heard that the sound quality of Home Threatre In a Box are not very good, is it true? Seem quite convenient to me instead of mismatching though.

I read this thread, but seem complicated to me :confused:
Audio enthusiasts: Your opinions?

Thinking of buying a 5.1 or 7.1 surround home threatre system for my 5 room HDB flat living room. Any recommendation for specific brand or make of speakers, ampliflier, DVD/CD player? It's use mainly for both TV, DVD, and less music listening, who know may be gaming in the future.

Heard that the sound quality of Home Threatre In a Box are not very good, is it true? Seem quite convenient to me instead of mismatching though.

bro....u into another deathtrap..(after photography)..
try go to www.echoloft.com and www.xtremeplace.com

bro....u into another deathtrap..(after photography)..
try go to www.echoloft.com and www.xtremeplace.com
Not really into Hi-Fi system, as I don't have a pair of good ears and no time, mainly for the family. So just looking for something value for money. Been to echoloft to look around, but seem too complicated for this newbie :embrass:

Or any good hifi reviews site to look for? ;p

Not really into Hi-Fi system, as I don't have a pair of good ears and no time, mainly for the family. So just looking for something value for money. Been to echoloft to look around, but seem too complicated for this newbie :embrass:

Or any good hifi reviews site to look for? ;p

lost touch already....since into this hobby:cry:

I have owned a Denon Receiver/Amplifier AVR-1604 with Sony speakers and woofer. I find the quality is good enough for my small home.

Try http://denonsingapore.com/
Thanks, will look into it. :)

I do understand all need to be similar level of quality to give a optimum output. But with so many different brands available, I am getting confuse :confused:

Like is there speaker should be like Onkyo? Amp like Denon, Yamaha, Marantz? Speaker like??? Player like Pioneer etc? Any recommendation on which brand has good quality for that instruments?

Also is the high end quality amp with higher output power and lower end amp make a lot of differences? Or only lower power can't drive high end speaker?

Also worry about will lack of HDMI input cause any problems in future compatibility issue???

:bsmilie: HDMI is another league ... we'll have HDMI ver 1.3 coming in :devil: ... what each version differs between each other .. you got to know also :sweat:

My advice - go to best denki go check out those small AIO HT systems.

My recommendation - Go check out yamaha / denon. The rest. Don't touch.

Seriously speaking - If you're not particular - forgo HDMI - just go progressive. DD+ new DTS standards coming in with blu-ray/hd-dvd coming ... all these current standards will disappear.

Thanks, will look into it. :)

I do understand all need to be similar level of quality to give a optimum output. But with so many different brands available, I am getting confuse :confused:

Like is there speaker should be like Onkyo? Amp like Denon, Yamaha, Marantz? Speaker like??? Player like Pioneer etc? Any recommendation on which brand has good quality for that instruments?

Also is the high end quality amp with higher output power and lower end amp make a lot of differences? Or only lower power can't drive high end speaker?

Also worry about will lack of HDMI input cause any problems in future compatibility issue???

my advice....choose/buy those cheapo all in one brand ht system and settle with it.....imho....ht system is the worst hobby u can fall into.....what u dun know u won't miss it..once kena poisoned....:sweat:

HDMI is another league ... we'll have HDMI ver 1.3 coming in ... what each version differs between each other .. you got to know also
oh no :faint:, the industries are doing it that way again :complain: , forcing people to continue upgrade :hung:

My advice - go to best denki go check out those small AIO HT systems.

My recommendation - Go check out yamaha / denon. The rest. Don't touch.
Even go Best Denki to check also not easy, got Samsung, Philips, LG, JVC, Sony etc, also got Onkyo, Pioneer type also. so any recommendation? Heard Bose is overprice though.

Tetrode recommended this on the previous thread http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...?proxybuster=RTMGRDQJ5XENFJ0RMRESHQVHKFSEKI5P
but too bad it's not a 5.1 set up, the 5.1 set up however don't come with a Hi-fi tube.

Or simply get those computer speaker system like Creative Gigawork S750 or Logitech Z5500?

I am really confuse with all these different genre of speaker systems :sweat: :confused:

Seriously speaking - If you're not particular - forgo HDMI - just go progressive. DD+ new DTS standards coming in with blu-ray/hd-dvd coming ... all these current standards will disappear.

my advice....choose/buy those cheapo all in one brand ht system and settle with it.....imho....ht system is the worst hobby u can fall into.....what u dun know u won't miss it..once kena poisoned....:sweat:
So I should just tikam tikam and simply choose a reasonable cheap set which I listen ok in the demo room :think: :bigeyes:

But among those consumer HTiB brands, what brand is known to be better? Sony? Pioneer? Philips? Onkyo? JVC?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ... HT is just the tip of the ice-berg :devil:

So I should just tikam tikam and simply choose a reasonable cheap set which I listen ok in the demo room :think: :bigeyes:

But among those consumer HTiB brands, what brand is known to be better? Sony? Pioneer? Philips? Onkyo? JVC?

You have your listening taste. Others have theirs. Go with your own feeling and bring your favourite DVDs to test.

I'll recommend Pioneer/ yamaha / denon. The rest... i won't touch. Seriously.

oh no :faint:, the industries are doing it that way again :complain: , forcing people to continue upgrade :hung:

Even go Best Denki to check also not easy, got Samsung, Philips, LG, JVC, Sony etc, also got Onkyo, Pioneer type also. so any recommendation? Heard Bose is overprice though.

Tetrode recommended this on the previous thread http://www.consumer.philips.com/cons...CSHQFHKFSESI5P
but too bad it's not a 5.1 set up, the 5.1 set up however don't come with a Hi-fi tube.

Or simply get those computer speaker system like Creative Gigawork S750 or Logitech Z5500?

I am really confuse with all these different genre of speaker systems

Please don't bother with BOSE. I listen to my uncle's $8K bose, i wanted to laugh.
Heck, it can't even handle stereo well.

Please don't bother with computer speaker systems...

haven't touch those for two years:embrass:

go register and give xtreme place a try....u might able to find yr answer there:kiss:

haven't touch those for two years:embrass:

go register and give xtreme place a try....u might able to find yr answer there:kiss:

:devil: .. don't get poisoned by the big boys with big systems there... :bsmilie:

Remember to Pad the walls with sound proof material then you will get the full effect.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: ... HT is just the tip of the ice-berg :devil:

.....$1500 is just the appetiser.....some subwoofer, centre speaker already cost more than that:bsmilie:

Remember to Pad the walls with sound proof material then you will get the full effect.
What are the sound proof material? Must be quite ex right? :sweat:

Anyway the house is not too far from mrt track, so sound proof also not very useful? as the window will leak sound in?

.....$1500 is just the appetiser.....some subwoofer, centre speaker already cost more than that:bsmilie:
Will try not to kena extra BBB Virus :sweat:

So bro, you actually safe more money on photography then spending on HiFi? ;p

What are the sound proof material? Must be quite ex right? :sweat:

Anyway the house is not too far from mrt track, so sound proof also not very useful? as the window will leak sound in?

...it to enchance yr listening exp...yes...it not cheap.... u be amazed by the stuff/crap alone on the sound proofing/damping materials and their cost.......u been warned:nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.