Home Set Up - Blogshop Shoot

precious.jas

Jul 24, 2005
Need help for cheapest and easiest home set up for blogshop shoot. Will the ring flash work? Heard it's more suitable for beauty/half body shots. Please help.

hi, i believe you will be shooting clothes, products etc right?
will there be a model?

hi, i believe you will be shooting clothes, products etc right?
will there be a model?
Yes, for now only clothes with model :embrass:

jas, how big is the room?

if you really want cheap, can try those 180W jinbei delicacy lights being sold inside Mass Sales. they come in a kit - lightstands and umbrellas. IIRC, these are good enuf for head and half-body shots. if you need to shoot full body, i think you have to get those 300-400W lights.

jas, how big is the room?

if you really want cheap, can try those 180W jinbei delicacy lights being sold inside Mass Sales. they come in a kit - lightstands and umbrellas. IIRC, these are good enuf for head and half-body shots. if you need to shoot full body, i think you have to get those 300-400W lights.
I thought of using a plain wall in my living room for this. Quite good space. Trying to see if I should invest or perhaps just rent a studio to use. Start up, don't wanna spend too much :bsmilie:

I thought of using a plain wall in my living room for this. Quite good space. Trying to see if I should invest or perhaps just rent a studio to use. Start up, don't wanna spend too much :bsmilie:

u can consider renting a studio.

charges can be like $40-$50 per hour.

hmm, actually to be really budget, just get 1 or 2 cheap Yong Nuo 460 MkII flashes (each about 60 to 80 bucks) and a cheap PT-04 transmitter (about 60 to 80 bucks for 1 TX and 2 RX) and you'll be good to go. Since its going to be a home studio, the setup can look "ugly" i.e. DIY. Just use simple white cloths to diffuse light (if necessary) and those car windscreen reflectors to reflect light (if necessary) and you'll be shooting somewhat professional looking shots in much less than $300.

If really budget, 0-1 flash is enough. Just have to make good use of the natural light from your windows/porch/balcony.

All the best!

Yes, for now only clothes with model :embrass:

i would suggest you rent a studio and shoot to your heart's content within the time frame.
don't have to worry about buying this and that which you have to do more homework on before purchase.
don't forget the quality of an image helps your sales too.
for a simple studio shoot, any dslr with kit lens will suffice.

If you're interested in renting to shoot, I and a couple of friends have set up a small studio. Will PM you with more details ;)