Home printing options for wedding cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

tert

Apr 18, 2003
Melbourne
Visit site
I am considering printing my own wedding cards and would hope to get suggestions.

So far, the art work is already done but commercial printers are charging me quite a high price for the printing plus materials. I do not have a photo printer at the moment but have toyed with the idea of buying one for the longest time so that i can do photo printing at home.

Anyone who has experience with home printing of invitation cards? What kind of printers are good? My card will be a 15 by 15 cm square card. Where can i get paper of a reasonable quality at an afforable price?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Gratefully,
Terence

have you tried shops that do on-demand direct digital printing? you can find lots at bras basah. cheaper than offset printers...

DIY: can do some paper shopping at bookstores or at art friend.

as for photo printers... it depends on what you need?

i printed my wedding cards from my home printer, looks good.I use 220gsm paper. ITs really up to you what color of paper you choose. i chose cream white..your design has to blend in nicely with the color of the card you use.

igpenguin said:
have you tried shops that do on-demand direct digital printing? you can find lots at bras basah. cheaper than offset printers...

DIY: can do some paper shopping at bookstores or at art friend.

as for photo printers... it depends on what you need?

Yeah... The shops that do digital printing are charging a rather high price also though. By the way, what's the digital printing process like?

Doing a 15 by 15 card from a A4 would probably result in too much wastage... so i'm looking to get an A3 (bad excuse i know... :bsmilie: ) so that i can work with odd sizes and minimise the waste.

Will check out art friend. I read about a good paper shop @ funan as well. Would anyone know if they are open on Good Friday?

Thanks pengiun...

RuthBaby said:
all in english?
its not ez wor if its in chinese
i heard frds going into msia to print

Actually its some simple ("synthesized", aka copied, pirated) graphics and words. All done in photoshop.

Msia...? My chinese not lian2 bang3 chinese can still print not huh? :bsmilie: [kidding... no discrimination intended]

reyesbloom said:
I printed my wedding cards from my home printer, looks good.I use 220gsm paper. ITs really up to you what color of paper you choose. i chose cream white..your design has to blend in nicely with the color of the card you use.

How did the printing go? Would it be distinguishable from a commercial print? I am looking at pastels also; probably light cream (the precious moments colours). Curious: 220 gsm. Did you have any difficulty with the thickness of the paper? I was told that the rollers of some printers cannot handle papers that are too thick cuz they don't feed well.

What printer did you use may i ask? :)

I have printed A3 for $3 on weighted card, though that was in Paradiz Centre. Bras basah I think you might have to shop around? Once I asked a shop in BB about "bulk" rates and the shop quoted as low as $2.50 per A3 page.

AFAIK they use a colour xerox machine... which makes rather dodgy looking prints on plain paper but turns out ok on some other paper stock.

Actually quite a good idea to print on A3 to minimise wastage... really budget graphic designers use the unused space on other people's print runs to print self-promos or non-profit materials.

The paper shop in Funan closed down already if I remember correctly. There's still two big stationery shops there though their range (if it exists at all) will not be as varied or exotic. Else there's two shops in the Citilink area.

Status
Not open for further replies.