Home made bounce card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

I have finally purchase the flash... SB600. Now, can someone teach me how to make a bounce card?

What material to use, where to buy the material, the size etc.... thank you :angel:

Do a search... many moons ago... when I was a nooB, I asked this very same question also... :D

Any white color card lah. I personally dun like it to be laminated.

If you don't want any colour cast, use a white card. If you want warm effects, use gold paper. If you want more directional lighting, ie not very diffused, use shiney surface. Other types of reflective material you might like to try is alluminium foil, crushed for a softer effect. Most importantly, experiment and see which gives you the effect you want or like.

Buy an A6 index card... sells as a pack. If you want something more solid buy white card.

For design, look at the commercial models available from stofen, lumiquest etc and model yours after theirs. Simple

You could buy a white PVC Sheet
and a Black velcro set.
You could buy it at Art's Friend in Bras Basah Complex
less than 10 dollars.

Or you could use a black garter.

before i got the LS, i used 4ply tissue paper(diffuser)

any rigid white plane thing that'll stay stuck to the flash head la bro!

Huggable's got a pack of 0.7mm plastic sheets from Artfriend, and a set of velcro strips from Spotlight. Cut the plastic sheet to size, and paste some velcro onto the lower edge. Paste the velcro round the tip of the flash, and volva, a bounce card!

Just took a picture of my card, with flash:
BC.jpg

Hmmm... just a tip for newbies.

Trying using a mouse pad for a making a bounce card. You know those thin stiff sheets with white shiny backing that became popular when optical mouses came out? Yeah they're perfect (Not the thick paded ones!)

+evenstar said:
you have any white shampoo bottles that are square at the base? cut them up and use...works for some flashes
same here :thumbsup: I'm with head and shoulders. you? :bsmilie:

styrofoam sheets and velcro lah...served me for years...

espn said:
Do a search... many moons ago... when I was a nooB, I asked this very same question also... :D

Ha, you a nooB !, I can't imagine that far back :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I always thought of you as being born with a Nikon in your mouth :bsmilie:

Kidding :)

Advantages in using white plastic bag as diffuser.
1)Easily available and free
2)Makes ur flash head waterproof
3)Can use as escape device when u botched a shoot midway. ( cover yr head n face with it and run )

my 2cts

chainsmoker said:
3)Can use as escape device when u botched a shoot midway. ( cover yr head n face with it and run )

...then skali bang wall :mad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.