Home Alone Meals

Gerald Lam CK

Jul 2, 2009
Admiralty
glamphotography-ck.blogspot.com
Had been alone at home since last friday as parents went overseas..decided to take this chance to create havoc in kitchen by cooking dinners for myself for the 5 days. Pardon the quality of the food. Give me your comments for the photos pls! Haha. Thanks for viewing!

HM1.jpg

HM2.jpg

HM2_1.jpg

HM3.jpg

HM3_3.jpg

Adding some greens like parsley or lettuce might give the food more color and appetizing. :)

nice plating for a meal alone. That takes some effort man.

some carrots in the japanese curry would provide a little color contrast though.

Adding some greens like parsley or lettuce might give the food more color and appetizing. :)

nice plating for a meal alone. That takes some effort man.

some carrots in the japanese curry would provide a little color contrast though.

Yes I agree with the comments and I have tot of it before. But im a "carnivores", I dont eat veggie, so i dun see the point of buying and cooking them for the sake of photography and then throw them away. lol. Furthermore all these lil ingredients add up to my cost too. :)

But for the jap curry, i was misled by the packaging, thinking they have those carrots and potato inside but sad to say none.

Thanks for the comments!

Bro, watch your diet!:bsmilie: you don't eat greens...
anyway, nice lighting..I wonder if it was possible for you to catch sm steam during your shoot..?
good effort...cook and have to take photographs too...:D

Oh man! Show me the greens! You certainly don't want doctors doing a colonoscopy on you! Touch wood!

Bro, watch your diet!:bsmilie: you don't eat greens...
anyway, nice lighting..I wonder if it was possible for you to catch sm steam during your shoot..?
good effort...cook and have to take photographs too...:D

Oh man! Show me the greens! You certainly don't want doctors doing a colonoscopy on you! Touch wood!

Haha..i know that but im still 48kg oni lo. im a petite sized guy. Wahaha. But at least i eat fruits daily la...to compensate.

I tried to take the steam, esp the curry rice but whilst i see the steam with naked eye, the cam just couldnt capture it. tink the steam is too thin and not strong enuff. Actually i took these shots after i done the cooking, which is ard 7+pm. I didnt use flash or lighting, just a white table top with around 3 sec exposure shots with tripod. I do have a light bulb just directly above the table though.

Had been alone at home since last friday as parents went overseas..decided to take this chance to create havoc in kitchen by cooking dinners for myself for the 5 days. Pardon the quality of the food. Give me your comments for the photos pls! Haha. Thanks for viewing!

You never let us taste the food, how we know... :(

wahaha...i think the standard only i can tahan bah. Lol. Tonight's menu is korean cuisine! I will post later!!

Koreans eat alot of fresh leaves. Try to keep it authentic and maybe we might just get to see more colours!

nice series. your kimchi ramen is my favourite. makes me hungry and wanna go over your place to eat!

Nice series.. but hor all ur food looks unhealthy leh.. :sweatsm:

nice series. your kimchi ramen is my favourite. makes me hungry and wanna go over your place to eat!

You're making me hungry too.

Woo...if these makes u hungry then good! That means my photos are marketable. haha..or rather isit u all too hungry so any food oso nice? :p

Nice series.. but hor all ur food looks unhealthy leh.. :sweatsm:

Yeah..i eat with guilty conscience. But i just love fried food. Bo bian

Gerald, do you realize that #11 and #12 has different color eventhough they are of the same dish?

The shadow at the bottom of the bowl is all over the places... u might want to try controlling the direction of the light source.

Yes i know there are diff tones due to editing in ps. I did that on purpose to desaturate the colours to resemble #8. Was just playing with the tone and initially i didnt like it but then decided to leave it alone. The light was directly above the food and my tripod was just in front of it as i was using 50mm focal length. Thanks for your constructive comments!