Holiday or upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the qns shld be go where holiday and what cam to upgrade to. holiday for family of 5 to europe for 4 weeks? get the D3!!!!

D300=$2600
D3=$7000
Holiday=Priceless

I will go holiday.....upgrade can be done anytime when you save enought :lovegrin:

If your current equipment serves you well, I don't think you will need the upgrade to a DSLR. I personally do not recommend D60 or the D40 because I guess you may feel that they are restricting you because they are dependent on AF-S lens. Like some have mentioned in your deviantart, I'm also recommending you to get a second hand D70s which is about $700 or cheaper. Latest DSLR may not necessary mean that they are better.

Say you've only got enough money to go for either a holiday or a cam upgrade. Which one would you choose? :think:

Go for your holiday. The chance to see the world is really priceless and if you have to decide like this in a thread in kopitiam I have to take it it must be to some far off place. Please don't disappoint us by saying you are only going batam to bang bang hor and that's your deciding factor and budget heheheh

Beside...have you not been keeping up with the scene in Singapore? Compact PnS are in...DSLRS are out becasue then you too "pro" and get kicked out of places to shoot.

;p;p;p

go overseas to buy camera. cheaper there.

If your current equipment serves you well, I don't think you will need the upgrade to a DSLR. I personally do not recommend D60 or the D40 because I guess you may feel that they are restricting you because they are dependent on AF-S lens. Like some have mentioned in your deviantart, I'm also recommending you to get a second hand D70s which is about $700 or cheaper. Latest DSLR may not necessary mean that they are better.

We might not know if they are better..
But we know better equiments are good for wanking..:bsmilie:

Read a travel guide book from the library. Free.
Imagine you are on holiday. Its all in the mind? No?
Buy the thing you want.

Being a travel buff myself, I say travel. You can always upgrade next time when you have the savings but you might not have the time to travel next time even if want to.

so TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL !!!

go overseas to buy camera. cheaper there.
True. Go States buy gear, cfm much cheaper than in Sg. :thumbsup:

For me, I vote for holiday. Imagine..if got a choice to go Africa for a week or a brand new D300 w/ 24-70 f/2.8....I rather go for Africa. :)

Say you've only got enough money to go for either a holiday or a cam upgrade. Which one would you choose? :think:

Holiday for sure.
Sometime there are things in life you don't want to miss.

133.jpg

I must agree with most of the above. Travel. Use the gear you have and shoot that wonderful scenery or that one in a life time shot. send it for a photo competition and who knows, you might get a new camera as a prize. Kill two birds with a stone.

can half half?

Get an affordable upgrade and take on a cheaper destination. Remember to set aside $10 for toto though. You never know when lady luck caught you unaware.

btw, what kinda upgrade will that be? D3 or dsmk3?

Status
Not open for further replies.