Holiday Horror Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

fz30_user

May 5, 2006
After seeing the scuba diver story in Perth. I'm just wondering how much of our holiday gets screwed up? To get the ball rolling I'll probably share mine also....

It was March 2006 - 11 day Western Australia Trip. Drive from Perth to Esperance and back.
Horror happened in Albany (3rd day). A dump truck hit our car (driver side) in an intersection around 1pm. Car spun and ended up on top of the curb and completely smashed. Really thank God that my wife, 2 kids and myself are all ok. I just lost a small part of my ear due to shattered glass. And bruises all over the body.

Me and my wife were really shaken but able to compose herself the next day. Rented another car and carried on our planned trip. Good thing we have a travel insurance which took care of all damages/expenses.

Anyone else want to share a story? Perhaps we can learn from it and be more CAREFUL!

my is mini "horror" story.

boarded the plane, suddenly black out, no lights and no electricity. then plane got delay. think got some faults and technicians are trying to fix it. later still take off.

This nearly ended up as a horror story when the plane that me & my friend are supposed to take was lining up towards the runway when the engine went off and it made a turn back to the terminal building....

They have to unload a passenger with fever together with his luggage and send him to hospital (it was during the SARS period).

Flight delayed 1hr. I wanted to find that passenger, since he was going to hospital anyway... ;p

This nearly ended up as a horror story when the plane that me & my friend are supposed to take was lining up towards the runway when the engine went off and it made a turn back to the terminal building....

They have to unload a passenger with fever together with his luggage and send him to hospital (it was during the SARS period).

Flight delayed 1hr. I wanted to find that passenger, since he was going to hospital anyway... ;p

Give him your blessing ar?

/me see jsbn start kissing his knuckles... :think:

my is mini "horror" story.

boarded the plane, suddenly black out, no lights and no electricity. then plane got delay. think got some faults and technicians are trying to fix it. later still take off.

i experienced that too. some auxillary power failure, the lights and a/c was unable to power on until the engines were turned on.

1st HORROR...when i saw my Backpack (on the conveyor belt) coming out @ Delhi Airport, my TRIPOD WAS NO LONGER STRAPPED TO IT...
It is being tugged and taken away!!!!!!!!!
Whole trip photography, no tripod to use.

2nd HORROR.. before trip, paid for NTUC travel insurance, they accept payment, easy.
now its 3 weeks liao after I submitted my cliam, and till now...still no news (approval difficult lor!)...
then ask us to buy for wat hah?

My friend (who is in the insurance line) always have this to say, "NTUC cheap but...."

Give him your blessing ar?

/me see jsbn start kissing his knuckles... :think:
Since they are treating him for fever, me & my friend figured out that it wun hurt if the doctors do a little extra work.... like an extra bruise or so. ;p

Ok.. Mine isn't exactly a 'horror story' per se. More like an admin screw-up. ;p

I was in Perth studying a couple of years back and was due to return to Singapore for a family emergency. I paid for my SIA air ticket in full and I received a confirmation from the travel agency. However, 3 days before my departure, the travel agent called me to inform me that somehow, my seat on SIA got 'bounced-off'. I was like, "What the???" ;(

And they said that they wwould get me a seat on Qantas on a later date instead, with no mention of a refund of the price difference. As some of you may know, Qantas tickets are usually cheaper than SIA. By offering me a seat on Qantas was in a sense downgrading me. And I was rushing back for a family emergency too! I was really mad and stormed to the travel agency and demanded an explanation! It was only the day before my departure date that I got back my SIA seat.. GGrrrrzzzz :confused:

jsbn is a nice guy, maybe he wanna help him to the hospital, pay his bills, tuck him to bed and then sing him a lullaby... :sweat:

and maybe a bedtime story perhaps ??

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Ok.. Mine isn't exactly a 'horror story' per se. More like an admin screw-up. ;p

I was in Perth studying a couple of years back and was due to return to Singapore for a family emergency. I paid for my SIA air ticket in full and I received a confirmation from the travel agency. However, 3 days before my departure, the travel agent called me to inform me that somehow, my seat on SIA got 'bounced-off'. I was like, "What the???" ;(

And they said that they wwould get me a seat on Qantas on a later date instead, with no mention of a refund of the price difference. As some of you may know, Qantas tickets are usually cheaper than SIA. By offering me a seat on Qantas was in a sense downgrading me. And I was rushing back for a family emergency too! I was really mad and stormed to the travel agency and demanded an explanation! It was only the day before my departure date that I got back my SIA seat.. GGrrrrzzzz :confused:

You should have demanded an upgrade instead.

and maybe a bedtime story perhaps ??

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Some nice sayang-sayang with my knuckles.... :)

On second thoughts, that's just too nasty of me. :( I think my feet would be a smoother choice. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.