Holi festival 2011

kopilove

Jun 1, 2010
Anybody attending this event on Mar 26 to take pictures?
Please share details, i want to witness one :)

Holi Festival is an Indian festival where they throw water and coloured powder at one another.. for photographers i guess u can capture the bright contrasting colours and motion of powder and water being thrown. I'm not Indian so any Indian bros and sis please correct my brief and probably inaccurate description of Holi festival... I saw this on Amazing Race once.

Holi Festival is an Indian festival where they throw water and coloured powder at one another.. for photographers i guess u can capture the bright contrasting colours and motion of powder and water being thrown. I'm not Indian so any Indian bros and sis please correct my brief and probably inaccurate description of Holi festival... I saw this on Amazing Race once.

sounds interesting
where is this happening?

@KevCKP : your description is correct..

I think in Singapore there are holi gatherings.. I know of one which happens at ECP on the Sunday/Saturday following Holi.. though the parties are mostly private ones organized by the alumni of various Indian school, no one would stop you from clicking pics.. you might end up with colors on you as well .. :)

I was thinking Little India would be the place to go if this is celebrated here... But how would we know which day it is? Is it a one day event or is it celebrated over a few days?

Last edited:
Woodlands CC - Mar 26th Evening.
There is a entry fee of 5 SGD (includes dinner) for playing holi ( festival of colours ), but photographers may be allowed in.

Sengkang CC - Also holds similar events next to Compas point fenced ground, however i do not know the details.

I would advice clicking from distance as coloured powder and coloured water is used on each other.

sounds good! thanks for the links guys.. expecting lots of colour and action

In my neighbourhood....we will be having this event as well :

Date: 20th Mar (Sat)
Time: 9am to 3pm
Venue: Open Field (Blk 25 Teban Gardens)

We are expecting Media Coverage (TV and print)
MP would be gracing the occasion.

I wanted to inform CS Members who covered a Fashion Show (Jeffrey Chung Models) held on 19th Feb....same location... that such an event is happening....

But after seeing so many familar NICKS on this thread....

I would like to invite ALL CS Members to join in this celebration....if you have not seen one before..

After the shoot we can always adjourn to air-con kopitiam TCSS.

Would the Thread Starter like to be the Man-In-Charge for this shoot?

I wanted to inform CS Members who covered a Fashion Show (Jeffrey Chung Models) held on 19th Feb....same location... that such an event is happening....

I would like to invite ALL CS Members to join in this celebration....if you have not seen one before..

Bro,you dam good.You call also media in. Very grand leh.Must learn some kufu from you.

Bro,you dam good.You call also media in. Very grand leh.Must learn some kufu from you.

Hi Joe, media coverage not done by me....the management up there decides...HAHA!

But what the hill......if you happen to be at the right spot....right time...28% of Singapore will get to see you covered with different colours...HAHA!

BTW..... I was told by 1 of the Indian Committee Sub-Group.....you should not remove the powder because it is suppose to bring good luck....and people of India go to work the next day with coloured powder on their faces.

Can you imagine....if you happen to be the most hated person in your work place...then the outcome would be..........HAHA!

:bigeyes: wow! Thanks for all the replies guys! I was out on the loop for a while and only got to log in today.

So hope to see some of you in one of these events.

THIS WILL BE AWESOME!!

haha! 'woman' in charge. thanks but i'm not familiar with the venue. Maybe YOU should be in charge? *wink, wink* :p But this sounds interesting, are they charging an entrance fee?

hey guys, 20 March is a sunday :)

Damn so far... Any East coast shooters wanna go there together?

Isn't Teban Gardens like around Jurong?

Last edited:
:bigeyes: wow! Thanks for all the replies guys! I was out on the loop for a while and only got to log in today.
So hope to see some of you in one of these events.
THIS WILL BE AWESOME!!
hi kopilove ... I intent to attend one of the holi events!!!... have yet to decide on which one :)

Hi sleeksports , thanks for the info.. thanks for highlighting one of the possibilities..

Thanks to all for the info & updates