Holga 135BC giveaway contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddyrised

Mar 7, 2009
NTU, Singapore
www.teddy-o-ted.com
Hi all!

Recently BlogPress is holding a mini online contest where you can stand a chance to win a Holga camera. There are five colours for you to win, and all your need is to identify the two locations where the two photos were taken. It's actually quite easy, so I think maybe you guys might be interested.

For more info: http://blogpress.sg/2009/11/holga-camera-giveaway-on-5-blogs/

I think the eligibility is that you have to be based in Singapore (PR, citizen, foreigners all can participate, when I emailed the organizer) and have to be in person to collect the Holga camera yourself.

p/s: Of course be rest assured that I'm not paid to write this ;p I'm the owner of one of the site organizing the contest and I'm guessing that you guys might want to win the Holga camera :)

The purple hoolga blog link faulty??

yo i think i know you

Think the blog for the purple holga camera is faulty... any ways that we can access to that blog?? Thanks..:)

ya i wanna access tat blog too.. cos e purple 135 is so pretty!!! ;)

I have no problem accesing the site giving away the purple Holga though :) Here is the link: http://sparklette.net/tech/holga-camera/

Hi Terryrised,

Thanks for trying to solve this problem. :)
However, "the connection is timed out" and "network timeout" is being displayed when trying to access it through three different workstations as well as Firefox and IE. :think: Perhaps purple holga camera is such a beauty that the sparklette.net is experiencing high demand. Erm... Really don't know what can be done.. :dunno:

Thanks and Best Regards,
CaThUnder

Wow! Thanks Teddyrised for plugging this here! Ha! Just found out! :p

CaThUnder, perhaps the site was down when you try to access it. Her site traffic sometimes went too high and prevents visitors from entering (I think!). Wait for awhile before trying to access it again. So far I've no problem entering her site though.

Cheers!

Claudia

CaThUnder, perhaps the site was down when you try to access it. Her site traffic sometimes went too high and prevents visitors from entering (I think!). Wait for awhile before trying to access it again. So far I've no problem entering her site though.

Cheers!

Claudia

very sian.. been trying to access since yday, still no luck..:(

Cheers!

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

Thanks for the information. :) Perhaps got to try during the wee hours to access to her site. Hopefully the site do not prevent visitors from entering. If visitors are restricted, then we will not be able to access her site regardless of how many times we try at any time. :(

Thanks and Best Regards,
CaThUnder

I have no problem accesing the site. I wonder what you using singtel? M1? Starhub?

Lol. Nice to see our own Claudia as one of the Site Owner! LOL.

Yay!! Pink! My Favourite!

I have no problem accesing the site. I wonder what you using singtel? M1? Starhub?

Hi Tay76101,

I am using Singtel.. If really cannot access, most probably I do not have fate with the site. :(

Thanks and Best Regards,
CaThUnder

Lol. Nice to see our own Claudia as one of the Site Owner! LOL.

Yay!! Pink! My Favourite!

LOL! Didn't expect to hear "our own Claudia" here. HAHA! It's been too long since I was actively participating. But I miss those days man! Outings and Pinkys! LOL!

Hi Tay76101,

I am using Singtel.. If really cannot access, most probably I do not have fate with the site. :(

Thanks and Best Regards,
CaThUnder

Hi CaThUnder,

I'm on Singtel and it doesn't seem to have any problem accessing Sparklette's blog. Perhaps you can try for the other colors?

Hi Tay76101,

Thanks and Best Regards,
CaThUnder

Ah I think her site might be down due to the high traffic. However, sometimes certain servers more erroneously block certain IP addresses (like how my host accidentally blocked my IP a few weeks ago). Worse come to worst, you can try accessing via an IP redirection service (aka IP cloak) and see if her site is loading for you. If it isn't, it's most probably a bandwidth/connection problem with the server.

p/s: Hi caludia! Didn't know you're on Clubsnap too heheh! :bsmilie:

Hi CaThUnder,

I'm on Singtel and it doesn't seem to have any problem accessing Sparklette's blog. Perhaps you can try for the other colors?

Hi Claudia,

Once again, thanks for your information. :) I have tried out the other colors since I am unable to access to her site. :)

Thanks and Best Regards,
CaThUnder

Ah I think her site might be down due to the high traffic. However, sometimes certain servers more erroneously block certain IP addresses (like how my host accidentally blocked my IP a few weeks ago). Worse come to worst, you can try accessing via an IP redirection service (aka IP cloak) and see if her site is loading for you. If it isn't, it's most probably a bandwidth/connection problem with the server.

p/s: Hi caludia! Didn't know you're on Clubsnap too heheh! :bsmilie:

Hi Teddyrised,

Thanks for your help once again. :) Finally managed to get into her site through IP cloak.:)

Thanks and Best Regards,
CaThUnder

Just a last push people - the competition ends at 2359 tonight (around 2 hours more to go!) so you might want to exhaust your three tries :) (yeap, if you read carefully one is entitled to submit up to three entries per person). Good luck!

p/s: @CaThUnder Glad that an IP cloak helped :) all the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.