Hokkaido Autumn trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Dear all,

Planning a trip this month to South Hokkaido and Tokyo. It would be late Autumn for Hokkaido and early Autumn for Tokyo.

Any advise on what to take note, where to go and what to bring along? My proposed gear would be

5D mkII
24-105 IS L
70-200 F4 IS L
Extension tube
ND4, CPL

Enough?

Thanks in advance

You not bringing any flash?

I just returned from a trip to Japan (tokyo, kyoto, nara), not bringing a flash or tripod. I didnt miss it at all. To me the weight would just slow me down and I'd end up not taking as much shots. On the other hand I missed shots that would require tripod but thats the tradeoff I'm willing to take. Of course it comes back to you and what you want to shoot, but my 2 cents, the gear you proposed are perfect. :)

Thanks for all the comments on the gear. But are there any shots or scenes i should not miss?

Also almost forgot to ask where will the camera shops be in tokyo! Wonder if the new lenses will be avail there thanks!

Also almost forgot to ask where will the camera shops be in tokyo! Wonder if the new lenses will be avail there thanks!

was there last year, with a group hardly got any extra time to do checking around. I managed to walk in to a huge electronic shop, because of the high exchange most of the lens are almost the same as here if not higher!

I do without tripod as well, cuase I am with family with 2 kids.... so go simple.....I only bring 1 lens, 18-200 VR and it serve me well.

was there last year, with a group hardly got any extra time to do checking around. I managed to walk in to a huge electronic shop, because of the high exchange most of the lens are almost the same as here if not higher!

I do without tripod as well, cuase I am with family with 2 kids.... so go simple.....I only bring 1 lens, 18-200 VR and it serve me well.

If its just tokyo then maybe will lose the tripod, but gg to Hokkaido maybe good enough reason to bring it along :p

Ya... U are right!!!
lens and camera is still ex here.
Tripod to bring or not is still up to u.

BTW, in Akiba there many camera aessories
I think buying that will be good and u will see
many infesting camera here..

Just enjoy ur trip and have fun here. :)

Ya... U are right!!!
lens and camera is still ex here.
Tripod to bring or not is still up to u.

BTW, in Akiba there many camera aessories
I think buying that will be good and u will see
many infesting camera here..

Just enjoy ur trip and have fun here. :)

Thanks rubber_duck, you stay in japan?

oh! may be u can bring me arnd when i am there! ;)

Is there a limit on the length of the tripod to bring onboard???

Is there a limit on the length of the tripod to bring onboard???

I believe there is a max length for hand carrys... usually I put it in my check in lugguge padding it with my clothes :p

Thanks! Besides photography, another main objective is food. Can you recommend the must eat places in tokyo? :p

Food is very nice every where....
but still depending how much you willing to pay for it...

Just let me know... See what I can recomm to you....

Another alternative method will be.
Go to any local book shop there have many book abt foods, ramem and etc.
and the book is define in area with maps..
Example; Asakusa, Shijuku, Shibuya, Harajuku and etc....

So if you visited any place near by just go to the book shop and check for it.
BTW, Most of the book is not seal. So you have no problem reading it.

We also did discuss abt foods in Toyko.
take a look...
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563918

Status
Not open for further replies.