hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaiisg

Deregistered
Oct 16, 2006
...bullying has been in the news lately. i would say this clip below is far worse and has much more implications regarding bullying of people because if this does not effect everyone of you today, rest assured it will your children or grandchildren or singaporeans in years to come. i'm curious to see which stirs emotions more...the powers that be bullying a locals rights...and essentially every singaporeans rights, or a foreigner bullying a local? i'm curious how people will react or not react.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfnyayx_7u8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdXH5llsQ5c

mods, let it run for a day a two, no harm, then close it if you see fit but be fair and give people a chance to be aware of things. :light:

whether you agree with mrs. chee's viewpoints is irrelevant. therefore, it is not political. the importance of this is the ability of "some people" to take away your rights anytime anywhere. this is not about having a political viewpoint, this is about being a human being.

what you guys think...?
anyways, take care of each other :cheers:

What is the point? This thread will be suppressed. Because of the people in charge here.

...bullying has been in the news lately. i would say this clip below is far worse and has much more implications regarding bullying of people because if this does not effect everyone of you today, rest assured it will your children or grandchildren or singaporeans in years to come. i'm curious to see which stirs emotions more...the powers that be bullying a locals rights...and essentially every singaporeans rights, or a foreigner bullying a local? i'm curious how people will react or not react.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfnyayx_7u8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdXH5llsQ5c

mods, let it run for a day a two, no harm, then close it if you see fit but be fair and give people a chance to be aware of things. :light:

whether you agree with mrs. chee's viewpoints is irrelevant. therefore, it is not political. the importance of this is the ability of "some people" to take away your rights anytime anywhere. this is not about having a political viewpoint, this is about being a human being.

what you guys think...?
anyways, take care of each other :cheers:

As a Singaporean, I say kudos and praises to the police for doing the right thing. What we need are leaders not humbugs who are always creating a fuss or doing something silly.. honestly the Chee siblings... what have they done so far for the people besides doing things that they know will get them arrested. As for why the police stopped her from going to the Shangri La? Please with a record like hers.... I would say it is right to stop her from going near the local in case she does something to embrass the whole lot of us again.

In case some say Im a supporter of the present party? No I just want leaders who really can lead not some fellows who think by protesting, they are good leaders... I personally am a great support of Mr Chiam See Tong.

I don't get involved in politics, and don't keep up with these things. I'd rather be out making or taking photographs. :cool:

This video pisses me off
at 3:48 "your job to protect the citizens,not bully them,remember the pledge!"
i wonder what are the police nowadays.
Law enforcement agencies seems to be privatised!
I wonder if those in the police force are in for justice or actually just protecting the ones who put the bread on their table!

I hope i can do something after i get my criminal justice degree in a few years!

interesting...

brits not giving money to an old man....bullying
police not honoring a constitutionally protected right and not letting a citizen walk because she is in a "protected area" while other people and cars can pass...not bullying
was she singled out...yes
was she bullied because of her views...so far, apparently not

hmmmm...$10 and people's rights??? quite interesting.

i'm sure there are people from myanmar who thought Aung San Suu Kyi was a troublemaker, an embarrassment to the country as well...

waileong...hope you are well :)
what's the point...good question. i simply am trying to find out what holds more value...a brit not giving $10, or police not giving rights.

why does it matter or why should it matter? perhaps in 5 years or 50 years, you'll find this answer. dun get me wrong, people are people and i acknowledge peoples beliefs. however what we believe comes from what we know. and what i know is that if this happened to her, it can happen to anyone.

that's why i'm curious how many will see this...not saying they have to agree with it, but see this, and if that same passion will be sparked because of someone being bullied of her rights the same way the brits bullied the old man for $10.

The Chees are entertaining, I must say.

Coincidentally, I'm heading to Shangri-La for dinner on Friday.

Doubt I'll be stopped. :bsmilie:

interesting...

brits not giving money to an old man....bullying
police not honoring a constitutionally protected right and not letting a citizen walk because she is in a "protected area" while other people and cars can pass...not bullying
was she singled out...yes
was she bullied because of her views...so far, apparently not

hmmmm...$10 and people's rights??? quite interesting.

i'm sure there are people from myanmar who thought Aung San Suu Kyi was a troublemaker, an embarrassment to the country as well...

waileong...hope you are well :)
what's the point...good question. i simply am trying to find out what holds more value...a brit not giving $10, or police not giving rights.

why does it matter or why should it matter? perhaps in 5 years or 50 years, you'll find this answer. dun get me wrong, people are people and i acknowledge peoples beliefs. however what we believe comes from what we know. and what i know is that if this happened to her, it can happen to anyone.

that's why i'm curious how many will see this...not saying they have to agree with it, but see this, and if that same passion will be sparked because of someone being bullied of her rights the same way the brits bullied the old man for $10.

Both doesn't sound fanciful.
The bullied will have justice one day.

What is the point? This thread will be suppressed. Because of the people in charge here.

This forum is not the newspaper or People Voice corner. This website is setup to cater for photography related talks. And we specifically mentioned what are the guidelines.

Have people ever put in thoughts for us (admins of this website) on what possible consequences will there be if I let this thread goes on? Such online views are dangerous because we don't keep track of who are the poster (actual name, IC,) and online posters usually don't know the level of responsibilities when posting comments on such topics.

I remind everyone that this is a Singapore based website and like it or not, we have to put in enough considerations to ensure we don't get the website (let alone us owners) into trouble for something that is posted here.

I had cases where we Admins get emails from relevant authorities for what is posted here. We admins have to put down all my work and family matters to discuss what to do and how to respond. We had to consult people of legal profession, decide what to do next etc. And we have to ensure we do enough to make sure this website doesn't closed down just because of someone posts.

I have said enough. We prefer to steer away from political related conversations and topics. This is not only for the people who are in charge here but rather for the sake of the mass who are posting here. There are 1001 places for such discussions. So I urge everyone to at least respect our decision.

Thanks.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.