Status
Not open for further replies.

evoben

Jul 3, 2007
Tampines
www.evolvedmazy.blogspot.com
hi all,

been doing a couple of events nowadays

and i realised something different from how i shoot and the others.

when taking a group shot, others would focus below(ie: waist level) first then moving the cam upwards to get the face.

can i find out why?? would that help in the focusing?

many thanks in advance!

Ben

hi all,

been doing a couple of events nowadays

and i realised something different from how i shoot and the others.

when taking a group shot, others would focus below(ie: waist level) first then moving the cam upwards to get the face.

can i find out why?? would that help in the focusing?
Ben

During event shooting, you normally don't want to adjust your AF point so normally people would fix to the center AF point for focus re-composition the image... :)

Could be because it's a bigger target, less chance of backfocus. Also, you then meter the exposure off the people rather than the background.

Could be because it's a bigger target, less chance of backfocus. Also, you then meter the exposure off the people rather than the background.

"Back focus" is one of the worst thing that can happens during an event shoot.... esp if it is a very important shot... :sweat:

"Back focus" is one of the worst thing that can happens during an event shoot.... esp if it is a very important shot... :sweat:

Aim Well and Take MULTIPLE shots with DIFFERENT FOCUS POINT
Make it fast!

Ready.. One *clark* (SEE SCREEN IF EXPOSURE IS RIGHT. Sometimes people too dark cant see), Two *clark clark clark* Three "clark clark clark clark*

Aft that choose!!!
For group picx i will usually take around 5 to 8 all differnet focus.

Aim Well and Take MULTIPLE shots with DIFFERENT FOCUS POINT
Make it fast!

Ready.. One *clark* (SEE SCREEN IF EXPOSURE IS RIGHT. Sometimes people too dark cant see), Two *clark clark clark* Three "clark clark clark clark*

Aft that choose!!!
For group picx i will usually take around 5 to 8 all differnet focus.

Thanks for the advise, curious... you normally end of with quite a number of shots of the same composition? But it would take more shutter count & memory space.... :think:

Hm, there was a thread with the exact same question during of a wedding photographer and a group shot. Can't find it, but all your answers are there.

Hm, there was a thread with the exact same question during of a wedding photographer and a group shot. Can't find it, but all your answers are there.

I think for Wedding event table shots.. the "Back focus" issue is not much of the issue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.