Hmm.... Money how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
Was thinking of sending money to buy some lenses from eshops in ukraine (ya... dvdtechcameras)

anyway, how to send them using Western Union or Moneygram, cos got 5% off using it... and how to send USD? do i need to go money changer get USD den give to the WU or MG ppl? or i can just pay SGD there? then they do conversion?

dun have credit card cos i poor boi... :cry:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Was thinking of sending money to buy some lenses from eshops in ukraine (ya... dvdtechcameras)

anyway, how to send them using Western Union or Moneygram, cos got 5% off using it... and how to send USD? do i need to go money changer get USD den give to the WU or MG ppl? or i can just pay SGD there? then they do conversion?

Boss no credit card! Nonsense!!! :kok: :kok: :kok: :kok:

To send by Western Union, you can go to MOST post office, you can call to check if they have the services. You will need to have the name, address, state, and country of the receiver. You can pay them in Sing dollar through nets or cash, they will do the conversion for you... ;)

ctzehock said:
To send by Western Union, you can go to MOST post office, you can call to check if they have the services. You will need to have the name, address, state, and country of the receiver. You can pay them in Sing dollar through nets or cash, they will do the conversion for you... ;)

thanks... btw does their conversion rate follow the net / money changer type of those super bo hua type from banks?

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

very risky.:nono:

if purchase use paypal safer.

Is money transfer via Western Union safe? I've always thought WU was unsafe, that's the reason why ebay discourages it right?

Here's a part of the FAQ file on how to avoid fraud taken off www.ebay.com

" What to avoid
  • Paying with instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram that send cash instantly from storefront locations, by telephone and over the Internet. "

LordAeRo said:
Is money transfer via Western Union safe? I've always thought WU was unsafe, that's the reason why ebay discourages it right?

Here's a part of the FAQ file on how to avoid fraud taken off www.ebay.com

" What to avoid
  • Paying with instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram that send cash instantly from storefront locations, by telephone and over the Internet. "

but i think that applies to those ebay members with not so high positive feedback. This 1 seem rather trustworthy...

Safe or not? I think it's all up to the buyer to see if he wants to trust the seller. Personally, i think all money transfer are not safe, they can sure take your money and run away. Since almost all seller request to see the money before shipping the item...;p

As for the Exchange Rate, I recently transfer some money to US currency at the rate of
1:1.6698... so i think it classified as those bo hua type..\:bsmilie:

Before i forgot again... Western Union has a very high send charge... I paid S$38 dollars for sending S$300, and if u send more, u would need to pay a much higher amount, Just to let you know...:bigeyes:

ctzehock said:
Before i forgot again... Western Union has a very high send charge... I paid S$38 dollars for sending S$300, and if u send more, u would need to pay a much higher amount, Just to let you know...:bigeyes:

wah more than 10%, think might as well borrow a credit card liao...

ctzehock said:

Yup, Western Union is pretty safe, as it prompts the person who collects payments to give almost foolproof identification but if i'm not wrong, it'll cost you 10% on top of the total cost, being the admin charge (you have to go Sing Post Office to do it). Not to forget they have really lousy exchange rate(s).

I would suggest paying thru paypal or CC, much safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.