Hmm any tips for ppl using compact cameras ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecoral81

Sep 2, 2005
hmm having been seeing alot of tips in those DSLR and SLR cameras...
but dun have for those compact and ultra compact...
is it becos for DSLR and SLR got more manual stuff to do and Compact everything is fixed ah?

now using a S500 but then i find out that DSLR is way too powerful ...
might be getting one when my bonus is coming ...
muz i be totally into photography so that my purchase will be justified for a DSLR ?

Nope... just shoot more and enjoy what you shoot, people like me just like to **** over the equipment and drool.

Don't bother about equipment that much, only once you've hit the limits of the tool you're using then you can think about what to upgrade to next :)

I use only CoolPix S4. :)

lol i using Exifilm S500 loh haha...
sama sama right !
hmm next time we go take pics together loh hahaha

Haha not to sound pretentious but I will quote a favourite saying of one of my former lecturers:

If you have to ask (whether or not you're ready), then you're not...

Don't buy a dSLR cos everyone says its good, everyone's using one blah blah blah.
Buy it cos you're fed up with the limitations of a compact cam and want something that can satisfy your "need" for better shots.

I normally recommend pple interested in photog to take the plunge and buy a dSLR instead of wasting time(and $$) on compact cams, but I somehow get the feeling that you're getting one for all the wrong reasons. Not to discourage you, but you shld seriously consider whether or not you really need a dSLR before coughing out serious moolah.

No. You just need to enjoy photography, like to have more control, learn more and willing to carry more gear...;)

The thing is that photography is about skill and experience with the use of the tool, the camera. More importantly, you need to know the basics of photography, esp composition, and how you want your pics to turn up, the limits of your camera and their ability which you could use to the max. Many good photos are taken with compact too. Afterall, the camera is but a tool to capture the image that you want. Basics are still important

Usually for compacts, the user leave it to the camera to do the settings (general ones) to capture the image. With DSLR & SLR, you have more control of the settings, and could then get images of different types.

There are many who have cameras, but few are photographers

bluecoral81 said:
hmm having been seeing alot of tips in those DSLR and SLR cameras...
but dun have for those compact and ultra compact...
is it becos for DSLR and SLR got more manual stuff to do and Compact everything is fixed ah?

now using a S500 but then i find out that DSLR is way too powerful ...
might be getting one when my bonus is coming ...
muz i be totally into photography so that my purchase will be justified for a DSLR ?

armed with only a P&S camera, try beefing up your composition skill instead. Forget about all the manual adjustment and stuff. Focus solely on getting a good composition. You may not be able to take special effect shots due to inability to put on filters or shutter controls, but when you can master composition, you can take down a dSLR user just as well. Using a sSLR does not mean getting superior photos. There are a fair share of weakly composed photos in the gallery, many are from dSLR cameras. Take a browse.

hmm icic...
well maybe i try to understand and learn my camera ba... but definitely will want to go into multimedia photography ... heeehee

Status
Not open for further replies.