HLD-3 Is In Town!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthirds

Jan 15, 2005
Just got the power battery holder for my E-300 very limited stock as told by the store.

fourthirds said:
Just got the power battery holder for my E-300 very limited stock as told by the store.

woot woot

where??
parisilk have?

:D

fourthirds said:
Got it from Funan #04-12 :)
Thanks for the info.

The grip is actually quite thick and makes the camera a bit squarish in shape making when attached. It is comfortable to hold though.

2 things I didn't like about it -
(a) the 'ON' switch at the bottom of the grip only has the word 'Lock' on it and gave me a scare when I couldn't get the shutter button on the grip to work because I had the switch in the 'Lock' position as directed in the installation instructions
(b) the shutter button is quite stiff and have to be pressed quite hard to take a shot. Again I thought at first that the shutter button was not working. :embrass:

tomcat said:
Thanks for the info.

The grip is actually quite thick and makes the camera a bit squarish in shape making when attached. It is comfortable to hold though.

2 things I didn't like about it -
(a) the 'ON' switch at the bottom of the grip only has the word 'Lock' on it and gave me a scare when I couldn't get the shutter button on the grip to work because I had the switch in the 'Lock' position as directed in the installation instructions
(b) the shutter button is quite stiff and have to be pressed quite hard to take a shot. Again I thought at first that the shutter button was not working. :embrass:

Hi tomcat,

how is the fitting between the camera & the grip?
If there is any "freeplay" does it cos connection issues?
;)

Actually it's $165 ;)

Wow, looks good, at least you guys have grip even for the entry-level model. :cool:

Evilmerlin said:
Does it improve AF performance?
Never heard of any battery pack on any camera body that is able to improve AF. :) For film, can improve the burst rate for some.

chii said:
Hi tomcat,

how is the fitting between the camera & the grip?
If there is any "freeplay" does it cos connection issues?
;)
Fits just like the grips for other cameras. No freeplay detectable. But then I didn't experience any freeplay problem or connection issues with the grip for my 20D either. :dunno:

2100 said:
Never heard of any battery pack on any camera body that is able to improve AF. :) For film, can improve the burst rate for some.

It's not quite true. Users of the E1 have reported improved AF performance when using the 50~200 oly lens.

As for the E300, I am not to sure as i have not found anything relating to the improvement

cheers

tomcat said:
Fits just like the grips for other cameras. No freeplay detectable. But then I didn't experience any freeplay problem or connection issues with the grip for my 20D either. :dunno:

I see. possible there was a bad batch as I have read several reports of excessive, freeplay on the 20D & batt grip ...leading to battery disconnections.

;)

chii said:
It's not quite true. Users of the E1 have reported improved AF performance when using the 50~200 oly lens.
That's strange, because AF does not really suck that much power anyway and the battery power is comparable to those from Nikon/Canon, moreover we are talking about lighter glass elements in 4/3rd system.... Maybe it's that particular lens, you are talking about the Sigma 55-200 4/3 mount right?

2100 said:
That's strange, because AF does not really suck that much power anyway and the battery power is comparable to those from Nikon/Canon, moreover we are talking about lighter glass elements in 4/3rd system.... Maybe it's that particular lens, you are talking about the Sigma 55-200 4/3 mount right?

Taken from oly webbie

"HLD-2 Power Battery Holder
Experience all the performance that the E-1 has at full capacity. The high-powered external battery power grip conveniently and easily attaches to the base of the camera while supplying an extensive power supply so you can shoot a day-long assignment without hesitation. More than just extra power, the HLD-2 also improves the focus tracking speeds in Continuous AF, allowing you to track faster moving objects. When attached, the HLD-2 also includes a space to
store the E-1's body battery cover door so it is not lost or a hindrance to carry."

link
http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1/sys_acc_power.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.