HK 5D MK4 cheaper than SG?

canoner

Sep 30, 2006
I am tempted to buy the Canon 5D MK4. In the past I read that HK is the place to buy as it's pricing is very much better than Singapore. Is it still true now? If anyone has the info, hope you could share how much the 5D MK4 camera body is in HK and recommend some shops there.

Thanks 😀

I am tempted to buy the Canon 5D MK4. In the past I read that HK is the place to buy as it's pricing is very much better than Singapore. Is it still true now? If anyone has the info, hope you could share how much the 5D MK4 camera body is in HK and recommend some shops there.

Thanks ��

generally seemed to be so, but understand that their warranty covers only china, hk and macau.

So advisable for people who always go china, macau and HK to buy.?

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

So advisable for people who always go china, macau and HK to buy.?
That really depends on the individual and the requirements.
If you have a backup camera and you can wait for the next scheduled trip to CN, HK, Macau then it could work.
If immediate support is required then the trip to next service center is the shortest path.
With a non-local body the repair bill might easily exceed the savings from the purchase up North.

The Canon warranty from Hong Kong is no longer international warranty?

The Canon warranty from Hong Kong is no longer international warranty?
Since many years Canon warranty is only valid for the country of sale. In all other countries it is accepted for servicing but treated as 'no warranty', hence all parts and labor are chargeable.

Thanks for the info, Octarine.

With so weak Sing dollar against HK dollar, please check the price locally first.

As one member pointed out, Sing is selling at around $4.5k. If you can get for less than $4k in HK, then it is worth it else why take the risk whereby warranty is not covered in Singapore?

Thanks for the advice, Jedi.

i live and work in hk. you can get a non grey as in offical set here at around 4k singapore dollars.

i am seriously contemplating buying it here as after all i do work here and its cheaper by a reasonable amount. but 4k for a camera body!

on a sidenote its curious... canon camers are cheaper here for the body.. make it a kit and not so much... sony is pretty much the same as spore.. nikon aint much cheaper too.. not sure about the other brands tho!

Last edited:
Or you may try Malaysia Penang where the price is around 12700

hi, bkling1 can give me Penang shop name n address ?

I'm going to hk next week and I will update u guys for the latest price.
Will for for ur update.
Btw 6D2 heard coming this April.

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

hi, any good pricing news for this?