Hiya =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

impaction

Jun 24, 2006
Hey peeps^^ Found this forum some time ago, but didn't get to post. Hee~ Only have a Panasonic Lumix FX-2, but really interested in photography! Taking as much as I can but I'm still studying :( Just saying hello! :D

Welcome...

Actually, its only while you're still studying that you'll have time to go phototaking (for me at least) :bsmilie:

Happy snapping!

Hi!

Welcome to CS! Very nice n interesting place to be!;)

Nice meeting u!;p

thanks for the replies^^ makes me feel wanted here. Hee~ yeah I suppose it will be the only time I will be free. Doesn't help for my budget though :( Thinking of getting a new camera soon, around 500-600 kind of budget, around 6mp hopefully^^ should be enough for casual/experimental shooting right? :think:

technically. i don't think megapixels would matter that much unless you're gonna print out. haha anyway welcome aboard. it's a pretty cool forum to hang out and yes it's true, you'll have the most time to shoot when you're studying. shoot at everything and learn from the others pros here. =)

Haha, coz i like to zoom in real close...candid ne~ very hard to take when the picture ends up blurry =( so yeah, I think it will help you see. Or would it not? Advice needed~! :cry:

hi, welcome to CS! :)
if u like to zoom in real close, try to use a faster shutter speed. that will help to prevent blurry pics due to handshakes, esp when u zoom far. higher megapixel would not help u with blurry pictures :)

Faster shutter speed...? Erm, currently the only shutter settings I can find is a slow shutter, fastest is 1/8. Is that what you mean? I'm using 1/8...but it still is the same =( Also, there seems to be high noise when I zoom in. Is there any way to stop that?

Haha, I've only just started to explore the camera 2 months ago, don't know it too well yet. Sorry if my questions seem like common sense! >.<

does ur camera provide a manual or shutter prioriety mode?
if it does, u can set ur shutter speed to a higher one. for example, 1/50, 1/100, 1/200.
tat will definetely help, becos unless u are using a steady supoort, 1/8 sec is too slow for the human hand :)
hope it helps!

well...I've just taken a look at the settings. I think it sets automatically? I can only find the 'slow shutter' option. Or maybe I'm looking at the wrong place? o0

impaction said:
Faster shutter speed...? Erm, currently the only shutter settings I can find is a slow shutter, fastest is 1/8. Is that what you mean? I'm using 1/8...but it still is the same =( Also, there seems to be high noise when I zoom in. Is there any way to stop that?

Haha, I've only just started to explore the camera 2 months ago, don't know it too well yet. Sorry if my questions seem like common sense! >.<

1/8 slowest you mean..? fast shutter speeds meaning a smaller fraction, eg. 1/100..
about the noise when you zoom in, think either the cam automatically sets a higher ISO or your using digital zoom.. panasonic doesn't exactly have the best noise control.. can try zooming with your feet ie. walking closer.. hahaa..

-.-" feet zooming cannot ar...friends don't like take pics one ma. Go closer they can see me already. And erm, I meant that 1/8 is fastest. i have 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1. ISO...? Erm, I heard of it, read about it, but still don't understand it. Haha. Anyway, I don't think my camera is able to change that, I can't find that word in it. Digital zoom is when you zoom using the zooming ting? Or something else? Does that mean there is another way to zoom? If panasonic isn't good, what do you recommend? :confused:

impaction said:
-.-" feet zooming cannot ar...friends don't like take pics one ma. Go closer they can see me already. And erm, I meant that 1/8 is fastest. i have 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1. ISO...? Erm, I heard of it, read about it, but still don't understand it. Haha. Anyway, I don't think my camera is able to change that, I can't find that word in it. Digital zoom is when you zoom using the zooming ting? Or something else? Does that mean there is another way to zoom? If panasonic isn't good, what do you recommend? :confused:

Optical zoom is using the lenses to zoom
Digital zoom is zooming digitally. It uses software to enlarge the image.

Optical is much better. :)

impaction said:

this is how shutter speed works:
1/10 = 1sec divide by 10 = 0.1s
1/100 = 1sec divide by 100 = 0.01s

which means, the bigger the number after the digit 1, the "faster" the shutter.
a 1/200 will mean opening the shutter, also known as exposing", for 1 over 200th of a sec.

if there is only noise when u ZOOM IN, i could be due to a couple of things.
if u are using auto, the camera is helping u to set ur ISO higher so that a faster shutter speed can be used, hence, less prone to handshaky pics.
or, if the pictures turn out clear and not much noise, even when the LCD shows noisy, then its just the LCD, dun worry about it. some LCDs work that way.

hey pal, i tried to help u by finding ur model of the cam, but i cant find FX-2
issit lumix LZ-2?

redstone said:
Optical zoom is using the lenses to zoom
Digital zoom is zooming digitally. It uses software to enlarge the image.

Optical is much better. :)

Oh...okay. learnt something new today :D I think mine is optical? The lens move when I'm zooming. Hahas.

Zaknafein said:
this is how shutter speed works:
1/10 = 1sec divide by 10 = 0.1s
1/100 = 1sec divide by 100 = 0.01s

which means, the bigger the number after the digit 1, the "faster" the shutter.
a 1/200 will mean opening the shutter, also known as exposing", for 1 over 200th of a sec.

if there is only noise when u ZOOM IN, i could be due to a couple of things.
if u are using auto, the camera is helping u to set ur ISO higher so that a faster shutter speed can be used, hence, less prone to handshaky pics.
or, if the pictures turn out clear and not much noise, even when the LCD shows noisy, then its just the LCD, dun worry about it. some LCDs work that way.

oh...well it turns out the same on computer :cry: so I don't think is the LCD problem. Is there any way to fix that?

Zaknafein said:
hey pal, i tried to help u by finding ur model of the cam, but i cant find FX-2
issit lumix LZ-2?

Sorry, used to calling it FX2. It's actually DMC-FX2, if it makes a difference. Find it a tad long to remember :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.