Hitachi 4GB microdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST1100

Jun 18, 2003
Singapore, Bedok
Does anyone know if this little baby has hit our shores yet? If so, where, and how much. TIA.

Only a small handful of retailers from US got them, according to reports. Singapore not so fast lah.

up...
any updates?
anyway the Creative Muvo2 4gb is using this...
bloddy exp ~ $6xx for a plasticky player...

$6xx for a plasticky player but you got to see what is inside first. I don't think 4gb microdrive is any much cheaper than that. anyone know the price?

dkw said:
People are buying the MuVo2 and ripping out the 4GB drives. Works apparently, and much cheaper.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1009&message=7377633

I am wondering how they use the ripped out 4GB drive. Is it directly ready to use or have to transfer it to another microdrive casing. :think:

Any idea?

disclog said:
I am wondering how they use the ripped out 4GB drive. Is it directly ready to use or have to transfer it to another microdrive casing. :think:

Any idea?

directly ready to use

no idea have not seen the 4gb microdrive around
the muvo square 4gb is also available in the creativex shop at creative's building in IBP for $479

dkw said:
People are buying the MuVo2 and ripping out the 4GB drives. Works apparently, and much cheaper.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1009&message=7377633

The Muvo2 is now using an older 1 gig MD.

Frankly, if you're into hacking things, the ripping out option is a lot more interesting because you get a really good MP3 player *and* a 4 gig MD at the same time. The Muvo2 on it's own is tiny and has terrific sound quality. I'd get better earphones to go with it of course. :bsmilie:

kahheng said:
The Muvo2 is now using an older 1 gig MD.

Frankly, if you're into hacking things, the ripping out option is a lot more interesting because you get a really good MP3 player *and* a 4 gig MD at the same time. The Muvo2 on it's own is tiny and has terrific sound quality. I'd get better earphones to go with it of course. :bsmilie:

What do you mean? Your Muvo2 is using 4x1GB MD or you own the 1GB MD model?

FYI the Muvo2 only has 512mb, 1.5gb and 4gb models. the 4gb model is the only one using MD

Can it work if we replace the MD with 256MB CF card? :dunno:

Btw, who is planning to get this? Maybe can get better offer when purchase more. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.