Hitachi 4GB MD questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
I have just ripped off a 4GB MD and put it into my 1D, wow great man. Now I don't scare using 8fps anymore. I think I have gotten enough "film" for the next two years. :D Here is a question to be confirmed.

With FAT partition, I can only use 2GB of the storage space. Which cluster size is optimal? Now I use 32K and I have tried 64K, both looked fine. What's your opinion?

The writing speed is slower than my Transend 1GB CF, but not that huge difference. Since 1D has a big buffer, still quite ok.

how much does this player cost? will it work with my dimage a1?

Why not use FAT32?
Then u can use the full 4GB.

& 64kB will be better, faster write speed at the expense of internal fragmentation. But the difference in speed not so noticeable.

AReality said:
Why not use FAT32?
Then u can use the full 4GB.

& 64kB will be better, faster write speed at the expense of internal fragmentation. But the difference in speed not so noticeable.
1D does not support FAT32 :D

Bought in SLS, cybermind, S$409, the last piece.

Tomshen,

You got the 1D MK II? Can you share with me where you bought it and how much?

Thanks.

Mine is the MK I, the original 1D. :)

using 32K.

Anyway, you'll still have to be weary of 8fps. (depending on the file format you are shooting)

y? Cause the microdrive writes at a slower speed and it takes time to clear the buffer (can't say the same for the 1D as I've not had the chance to try its buffer). Even for my 6fps the card already struggles. And what is worse is it runs hot. My grip heats up after a successive 4 x 6fps. You can try it out. And it drains batteries. So keep a few more handy.

But all in all, for the price per MB, its FREAKING cheap. wakakaka....... wearing out my shutter life :bsmilie:

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.