History of Carl Zeiss lense

Status
Not open for further replies.

laughingstation

Jan 23, 2004
Hi, can any one contribute any articles or comments about the history of carl zeiss lense? What is the diff b/t Carl Zeiss & Carl Zeiss Jena?

thank you

hi, i can only tell that carl ziess is products of west germany and carl ziess is product of east germany.

If I remember correctly, after WW2, Germany was split, the West Germany continued to use the name Carl Zeiss, and the East Germany continued to use the name Carl Zeiss Jena, then many years later, Carl Zeiss outsourced the lens production to Japan (Kyocera?).

so ziess lense are no longer made in Germany nowadays?
Astin, does it mean that Carl Zeiss Jena lense are oflow quality?

hey guys w hat about the history of the LOMO haha i read briefly somewhere that it was some old russian make, very battlehardened and produces lousy photos with a nice effect haha something along those lines..

any idea?

laughingstation said:
so ziess lense are no longer made in Germany nowadays?
Astin, does it mean that Carl Zeiss Jena lense are oflow quality?
No, East Germany product does not mean low quality.

Astin said:
If I remember correctly, after WW2, Germany was split, the West Germany continued to use the name Carl Zeiss, and the East Germany continued to use the name Carl Zeiss Jena, then many years later, Carl Zeiss outsourced the lens production to Japan (Kyocera?).
Oh, but why M410R has such optical quality! The colors are bad. :cry:

Astin, is there any website that i can learn more about the specific models of Carl Zeiss Jena lenses? have been looking ard for a long time but cant find any comprehensive website on tt.

thx

mingosteen said:
hey guys w hat about the history of the LOMO haha i read briefly somewhere that it was some old russian make, very battlehardened and produces lousy photos with a nice effect haha something along those lines..

"The" LOMO looks suspiciously like a Cosina (I think, it may have been marketed under a different name) from the early or mid 1980s.

LittleWolf said:
"The" LOMO looks suspiciously like a Cosina (I think, it may have been marketed under a different name) from the early or mid 1980s.

err haha whats a cosina :bsmilie: eh wait i just did a search on google yeap its a LOMO/Cosina! they have their own society do you know that haha. Lomography or something.

wonder how much one costs. does it run on film?

Status
Not open for further replies.