Highway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesnap

Nov 22, 2004
highway01.jpg

Sorry boss, the framing doesnt really work for me. If you want to emphasise on the roads, I feel its better if you crop away the flats. The star-lights on the lamp post(if that's what they call it), adds more interest to the picture however my eyes seems to be more attracted to it than the roads. It could have been done better. Cheers!

I agree with hazmee about the cropping and star burst, and it could be better if there was more red lights on the left side, also you might want to try a rear curtain sync flash to get a hint of cars.

what is the bright light in the centre barrier

15s exposure at f8? that's good... may I know the ISO setting? the long exposure causes the lights to be starburst. Nice overall shot, just wished the sky wasn't that empty. Good job.

Nice shot, but I would like to chop off 10% of the sky, and make sky less noisy.
If the car in the middle didn't switch on/off its lights and caused the broken curve,
it could be better.

saifulbahar said:
15s exposure at f8? that's good... may I know the ISO setting? the long exposure causes the lights to be starburst. Nice overall shot, just wished the sky wasn't that empty. Good job.

The sky will be that empty at that time of the night.

Thks guys for the comments :)

hazmee: point noted. thks.

ortega: just a pity that there wasn't enough cars going away from me to generate more red streaks, i was really hoping more would come at the time the picture was taken haha.

jhansolo: the bright light in the centre barrier is actually a blinking warning light(to alert drivers to the barrier, i suppose).

saifulbahar: the ISO setting is ISO 50. :think: i suppose if there were stars in the sky it might look better but pity there's wasn't any at that time.

dRebelXT: i actually tried cropping out the top part of the empty sky before i posted the pic, but it just didn't look right to me, so i stuck with the original:)

saifulbahar said:

Just add another criteria for the starburst effect; the aperture should be small enough (e.g. f/11 onwards). The smaller the aperture, the more pronouced the starburst effect.

Trivia: Lenses with even-numbered aperture blades will produce a starburst with the same number of points as the number of blades, while lenses with odd-numbered aperture blades will produce a starburst with a number of points that is double the number of blades.

Ah Pao said:
Just add another criteria for the starburst effect; the aperture should be small enough (e.g. f/11 onwards). The smaller the aperture, the more pronouced the starburst effect.

Trivia: Lenses with even-numbered aperture blades will produce a starburst with the same number of points as the number of blades, while lenses with odd-numbered aperture blades will produce a starburst with a number of points that is double the number of blades.

Really? Now i know... Thks for the trivia too :)

Try taking it a bit earlier and focus the composition more on the lights.... some ambience light (sunset) will prob enhance the photo..But then may not get the light trail due to traffic jam!

I'm not so picky in the composition of this piece. I'm more picky over this type of overdone shots. Even if you have the perfect (perfection don't exist, but just make it an assumption here) composition of this piece, what will this kind of postcard-like shots achieve?

The_Cheat said:
I'm not so picky in the composition of this piece. I'm more picky over this type of overdone shots. Even if you have the perfect (perfection don't exist, but just make it an assumption here) composition of this piece, what will this kind of postcard-like shots achieve?

After some considerations, I'd decided to recall on my comment. It's probably not fair to make such a comment.

I don't know how to remove the post. Anyone could provide some form of assistance?

what's done's done.. dun bother... YOu shd be able to edit your thread though...

nemesis32 said:
what's done's done.. dun bother... YOu shd be able to edit your thread though...

Apparently I can't edit any of my post made before the software update. None of my previous post made before yesterday could be edited. I doubt you can to.

private whisper sounds hyper corny.:)

haha no one answer the hansolo guy? i think the center star burst is from road works..seems the guard rail of the upstream traffic side is under construction...and some constructionsite Boss has most prob assigned one worker to OT.....?

wooah Ah Pao that is some trivia man. very, very interesting!! heh!
one needs a shutter speed long enough for light streaks frm cars, but is there a way to achieve this without having starburst? find that really really really postcardy-clichey. ( not just this pic, all of my night landscapes are too! :rolleyes:

regards
Doug

helfizad said:
Bro can teach how to take this kinda pic....i using D70s
Just mount your lens on a tripod. shoot using manual mode and try say F11 at 10 sec or F16 at 20 sec or so, it will gives you a nice smooth light trails..

Status
Not open for further replies.