Highest Res Scans for 120 film - Where?

benfires

Dec 3, 2014
Singapore
Hi all!

As title suggests, I'm looking for where in Singapore I can get the highest res scans of 120 film.
So far I think 35mm Colour Lab is the best bet with their "Professional film scan" TIFFs, anyone ever had experience with that exact service before?
Thanks all for your help :)

-benfires

if you are going to depend on commercial labs like Fotohub to do them for you, you can.... but YMMV when it comes to quality... :think:

if you foresee yourself scanning quite a fair bit on a regular basis, it might be better off for you getting a decent film scanner from canon or epson (e.g CanoScan 9000F, or Epson V700) and spend a bit of time DIY. you probably can snag a used scanner from Buy/Sell for a good price.

...it might be better off for you getting a decent film scanner...

Thanks for the response! I'm just looking to get the highest quality/resolution scans I can get for a mini project of mine, it's not something I'd do on a regular basis.
I'll definitely check out Fotohub though, any experience with their film scan service?

Thanks for the response! I'm just looking to get the highest quality/resolution scans I can get for a mini project of mine, it's not something I'd do on a regular basis.
I'll definitely check out Fotohub though, any experience with their film scan service?

Well.... With them your milage really varies. Some days, their scans are good. Other days... I get lots of dust.

Hmm maybe I'll give 35mm Color Lab a shot first, since Fotohub doesn't seem to state a price for 120mm TIFF scans in rolls...

Try Pic & Pixel at Peninsula Shopping Centre Level 1, next to Ruby Photo. I saw an Imacon and a Nikon Scan 8000 in the window. They are probably the top film scanners around.