Highest quality photographic prints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joezzz

Nov 15, 2004
siglap
Anyone know what is the highest quality prints? What type of paper can give high saturation and colour? example, kodak or fuji paper and their print types. Right now i am using fuji crystal archive paper develop from beautiful memories. Any recommendation as to where as well? thank!

actually the best print will be from a properly calibrated epson photo printer on epson photo matt paper.
but the general fuji lab prints are also ok.

epson inkjet. lyson paper/media with custom profile.

tough on the pocket but pretty good results for me.

Jus wondering those photo printer are they better than lab photo? In term of quality? Photolab are not the best prints?

good paper media. correct printing profiles. it would be above par with any lab.

I saw those photographers' work in exhibition which are framed up, are those usually photolab prints or printer photo? They have very good saturation and colour and usually glossy to give the colour look more vivid. Anyone knows?

nothing beats a lambda print or lightjet print. A few photogs have now gone the inkjet route for exhibits and they look swell as well, but thats when u use the top epson/hp printers. I personally prefer lightjet for exhibitions.

szekiat said:
nothing beats a lambda print or lightjet print. A few photogs have now gone the inkjet route for exhibits and they look swell as well, but thats when u use the top epson/hp printers. I personally prefer lightjet for exhibitions.

What is lightjet prints? I have never heard of it?

Thanks Drudkh! So do you know where can i print with lightjet! Any lab using lightjet printer?

check the yellow pages for instant digital. Fotohub does it too at its Raffles Place branch. Instant digital is my preference for their friendly service.

Lightjet is using red/green/blue lasers for imaging on photographic paper. Hence the final images must be chemical processed, right?

Fujifim digital print is in fact chemically processed, is the exposure method different from Lightjet?

How is Kodak digital print? Using Dye-sublimation technique?

Any comment?

Cheers

joezzz said:
Thanks Drudkh! So do you know where can i print with lightjet! Any lab using lightjet printer?

The lightjet is just another Lambda type setup, both use 36 bit colour space and RGB laser heads on to real photographic paper etc, so for that matter does the Kodak Pegasus and a few others.

joezzz said:
Anyone know what is the highest quality prints? What type of paper can give high saturation and colour? example, kodak or fuji paper and their print types. Right now i am using fuji crystal archive paper develop from beautiful memories. Any recommendation as to where as well? thank!
You can try Fujifilm Endura Paper

jc1 said:
Lightjet is using red/green/blue lasers for imaging on photographic paper. Hence the final images must be chemical processed, right?

Fujifim digital print is in fact chemically processed, is the exposure method different from Lightjet?

Any comment?

Cheers

The Fuji Pictography system creates a dye image via colour laserjet which is then transferred to the paper and then chemically exposed on the paper. Unlike the direct laser writing of the Lambda, Pegasus, Lightjet and others.

Kodak offer direct printing (Pegasus, 20P etc) that are damn near impossible to tell from a Lambda print for most smaller sizes. Dye-Sub produces a superior colour transition to inkjets as there are no dots in Dye-Sub. It's main drawback however is cost and lack of choice of papers.

Clown said:
actually the best print will be from a properly calibrated epson photo printer on epson photo matt paper.
but the general fuji lab prints are also ok.

i agree with u on this....

buten normally labs dun ahve this....and not everyone will buy an epson pro printer....nto cost effective to most...

;)

jc1 said:

Any comment?

Cheers

I guess those prints from beautiful memories are usually Fujifim digital print and not lightjet prints, even though they use crystal Archive Pape? Can we really tell from a lightjet and pro photo lab prints?

Status
Not open for further replies.