Higher connection not felt ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
hi i've upgraded my 256k broadband to 512kps, but the higher connection doesnt really seem to diff from my previous one.

is there anything i need to configure on my modem or/and settings etc?

Try downloading a file and check the downloading speed.

its SingNet's side that should be doing the configuration.

Drudkh said:
its SingNet's side that should be doing the configuration.

me from 512 to 3500...

also sometime feel sometime no feel...

haiz...

how come leh ??

Read the ads........it says: 'maximum' 512......not that it always will be 512.....marketing ploy. They can always hide behind this sentence when they don't deliver what they promise.......

The maximum bitrate 512kbps refers to your bandwidth, it doesn't necessary affects your download speed. For example, if your one download connection is 30kbps, it means you can have roughly 17 connections at 30kbps (subject to operating conditions too) without affecting the average download speed (30kbps of each connection).

That's why subscribing to 3500/6000 kbps doesn't necessarily speed up your downloads although in a lot of cases it does.

You need to be on the Dark Side to feel the force......come....come to StarHub Cable 3000 or 6000!

Wahaha..... :devil:

Pro Image said:
You need to be on the Dark Side to feel the force......come....come to StarHub Cable 3000 or 6000!

Wahaha..... :devil:

Erm.. it's Starhub MaxOnline 2000 and 6500.

my starhub upgrade to 6500 also like no diff...sometimes fast, othertimes headache. but transfers do *seem* faster, or maybe its just me.

25mpbs now like damn slow... wonder wats wrong... imagine i can hit 1mb download now can't even get 5kb/s.. and worse... last night i can't even post in clubsnap... argh... time to format my desktop perhaps...

uncleparty said:
my starhub upgrade to 6500 also like no diff...sometimes fast, othertimes headache. but transfers do *seem* faster, or maybe its just me.
well, the recent marine internet cable cut in the Philippines has caused our internet to go very slow. wonder when will they fix the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.