High speed rail to KL

A lot of Singaporeans (especially the elderly) WILL BE living in Malaysia.

That is the whole idea. Elderly SGer staying in MY will slove SG's greying problem while MY will earn SG's sliver dollar ;)

How will dumping Sin elderly in Msia benefit Sin? Isn't healthcare generating profit ?

Wonder if they also make plans to open aged home in JB for Singaporean???? :think:

Wonder if they also make plans to open aged home in JB for Singaporean???? :think:

The JB projects launched yesterday already have "wellness centers" in them.

Anyway, with the high speed rail connection, why JB? Gunung Tahan can?

i cant imagine if a cow strays onto the tracks .....

I dont think the daily volume of traffic is high enough to make sense (compared to China, Japan, HK) and we already have all-day flights, the NorthSouth Highway and buses between these 2 destinations which is going to dilute the numbers further

Heard that they might contract this out to a Japanese or Chinese firm to build and operate with 6 stops between Singapore and KL and an extension to Penang plus more stops in future

Last edited:
ninelives said:
clear custom liao then buy ticket. there will be kiosk around.

Kiosks in singapore or JB? So for people taking this train a separate queue? why so difficult if custom can clear fast but make people wait?

They did try and have do away with the white form. Next will be just scan, why still need to stamp if scan info already captured?

The JB projects launched yesterday already have "wellness centers" in them.

Anyway, with the high speed rail connection, why JB? Gunung Tahan can?

Wellness centre??? You sure that is for the aged or for other wellness??

reported in wan bao the long term goal is to connect all the way to Kunming, China.

Anyway, I foresee the stretch between Singapore and Iskanda to be completed ahead of schedule and the other stretches to be delayed and filled with difficulties.

Hope they award the contract based on reliability and safety records, and not lowest cost.

Last edited:
Supposed to be is different from actual.
If there is corruption, things can be built not to spec and sub-standard materials used.

Why Chiang Kai Shek airport that frequently experiences typhoon had no ground radar? Taiwan is not poor. They got plenty of money to build ground radar. Even the Taiwan President Ah Bian was corrupt. SIA 006 did not have to happen.

Last edited:
i cant imagine if a cow strays onto the tracks .....
Tracks along High-Speed Railway (HSR) lines are fenced with obstruction and motion detectors / sensors which is why you don't hear news of people dropping themselves before an approaching Shinkensen as frequently in the Tokyo subway.

I dont think the daily volume of traffic is high enough to make sense (compared to China, Japan, HK) and we already have all-day flights, the NorthSouth Highway and buses between these 2 destinations which is going to dilute the numbers further

Heard that they might contract this out to a Japanese or Chinese firm to build and operate with 6 stops between Singapore and KL and an extension to Penang plus more stops in future
The SIN / WSSS - KUL / WMKK is one of the most travelled air routes daily in the world and we are not even factoring in other forms of transportation.

If commuters and travellers are swayed over to the HSR through conveniences, hourly departure is hardly impossible.

Sion said:
The slower the better? :bsmilie:

Can take pictures of people sleeping. The slower the better! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: