High Speed PCMCIA Adapter for CF Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

plinius

May 22, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
the Aska reader....i think they are the first one who came up with this, later other companies like Delkin and Lexar came up with their version.....a year has past, maybe the price have dropped (hopefully a lot)..... hmmmm

anyone has the latest price from S'pore?

Thanks.

Wai said:
32bit card bus

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=49929

there was a MO last year and it was going for S$135

look like u can get better price from US, may be you should help us to get it from US instead :D

check with EastGear. I remember they used to stock it cos i nearly got one from them. Didn't get it in the end cos i forgot to until the day i left the country. Delkin apparently is just an Aska with a diff label.

yes...u r rite... i remember reading somewhere that ASKA is the OEM for Delkin...

k...thanks i will write an email to EastGear then....

Cheers........

szekiat said:
check with EastGear. I remember they used to stock it cos i nearly got one from them. Didn't get it in the end cos i forgot to until the day i left the country. Delkin apparently is just an Aska with a diff label.

plinius said:
yes...u r rite... i remember reading somewhere that ASKA is the OEM for Delkin...

Cheers........

The original manufacturer is ASKA, I have the one from Delkin, works great.

What's so special about this adaptor being so expensive? It seems to me buying a USB2 card reader is a way cheaper alternative. :dunno:

plinius said:

Cheers........

Do keep us update definitely intrested in knowing how much is te cost, beat plugging cables in and out of the cam, i would probably leave the pcmcia CF reader permanently in my lappy

dragius said:
Do keep us update definitely intrested in knowing how much is te cost, beat plugging cables in and out of the cam, i would probably leave the pcmcia CF reader permanently in my lappy

Note that these adapter are 32 bit Cardbus based CF card adapter not the cheap and slow 16-bit PCMCIA based CF Card adapter.

Why not USB2 adapter? Because the Cardbus adapter is faster and one less thing to loose if you do work remotely.

My 16 bit PCMCIA really chokes up the CPU resources... the whole system crawls and I'm struggling through my regular applications (eg. Photoshop)..

Anybody knows if the 32bit Cardbus solves that problem?

the 32bit works great. But last i checked EG doesn't do it anymore either. I did a test on my 1Gb G4 at EG once, brilliant stuff. Fast and doesn't suck resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.