high speed cf card reader

nikerocks

Nov 27, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
I need about 1hour plus to transfer about 7gb of data and i read through the post and saw a high speed cf card reader call firewire or something..is it possible to get it at ms colour?the post i read were all 2009 or 2008 de..

Depends on what USB version is your card reader connected to, Version 2 or Version 1. Obviously Version 1 and 1.1 have relatively slower speed than 2.0. Also, it depends on your reader. I usually connect my camera directly to my camera to download my images, and with 7GB of data, takes about a minute or less than that, though I never actually timed the download timings.

Of course, with firewire, you need a firewire connection on your computer. Check which firewire connector your computer supports, 4-circuit or 6-circuit. Check this link about what sort of connector you have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_1394_interface

HTH.

Cheers!

Depends on what USB version is your card reader connected to, Version 2 or Version 1. Obviously Version 1 and 1.1 have relatively slower speed than 2.0. Also, it depends on your reader. I usually connect my camera directly to my camera to download my images, and with 7GB of data, takes about a minute or less than that, though I never actually timed the download timings.

Of course, with firewire, you need a firewire connection on your computer. Check which firewire connector your computer supports, 4-circuit or 6-circuit. Check this link about what sort of connector you have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_1394_interface

HTH.

Cheers!
USB 2.0 "Hi-Speed" has since been superseded by USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed" with a maximum theoretical transfer rate of 5 Gbit/s (or 5120 Mbit/s) as compared to 480 Mbit/s for USB 2.0. This also makes it faster than the IEEE 1394 "Firewire" standard.

Saw a couple of USB 3.0 certified card readers on sale in Funan DigitaLife Mall but they cost a couple of times more expensive than contemporary card readers and using it requires a motherboard or a PCIe expansion card with support for USB 3.0.

1hr+ to transfer 7gb+ worth of data is abit too much, i am transferring about 10gb worth of photos using camera plug into USB or Sandisk CF card reader in less then 5 mins. I am still on USB 2.0 too.

You may considering getting more reputed card readers instead.

I use this UDMA card reader, from Challenger. Think is $27 or $37

20090117_8c0708d23b32c3b7ff6ey5doJ2yFhNNv.jpg

Is the imation one any good?