High Quality Screen Protectors!

ShiNn

Nov 26, 2006
Is it worth buying high quality screen protectors from martin fields compared to those normal less than 20 buck screen protectors?

is there really a big difference? I am comtemplating between buying a high quality screen protector and a normal one.

Will anyone pay roughly 20-25 bucks for a high quality screen protector?

Get the GSS Screen Protector.. Better IMO as it can help your LCD to take damage if necessary..

Its around $15. Very clear to me. Easy to apply also.

Last edited:
Is it worth buying high quality screen protectors from martin fields compared to those normal less than 20 buck screen protectors?

is there really a big difference? I am comtemplating between buying a high quality screen protector and a normal one.

Will anyone pay roughly 20-25 bucks for a high quality screen protector?
If you are looking to protect your 7D LCD screen, you might want to know Canon CSC charge $20 (+GST) to replace the hard plastic that covers the LCD screen so you might not want to spend too much on a screen protector...

but i got to let my camera stay there for dunno how many days. its troublesome as the CSC doesnt open on weekends. =(

I saw a ZAGG screen protector online. any idea how does it fare with martin fields?

but i got to let my camera stay there for dunno how many days. its troublesome as the CSC doesnt open on weekends. =(

I saw a ZAGG screen protector online. any idea how does it fare with martin fields?
How about Truevue. Can find on Amazon. Pretty decent.

If you are looking to protect your 7D LCD screen, you might want to know Canon CSC charge $20 (+GST) to replace the hard plastic that covers the LCD screen so you might not want to spend too much on a screen protector...

7d LCD screen cannot be changed. need to change the housing.

Are you sure Canon has changed the design of their LCD screen with 7D? The actual LCD screen is usually underneath the hard plastic that can be easily remove. I do not have a 7D but I would be very surprise Canon changed their design completely. The $20 hard plastic can be remove and replace in CSC within an hour or so.

get the gss from xc pictorial for $12.....easy application, cleaning and clear.....no bubbles at edges if you screw up application....

Are you talking about the same thing as CS Tan was?

As he mentioned, the hard plastic over the LCD is replacable. It would really be suprising if the 7D did not follow this.

I used Martin Fields screen protector on my (now ancient) Panasonic FX-9 and my HP iPAQ 3410. The devices are now defunct, but the screen protector is still as good as new! Wonder if that's too much of a good thing!?

cool. alrights i have decided to buy ZAGG screen protectors! haha