High iSO pictures 7d

Status
Not open for further replies.
kind of pointless to show ISO performance on resized pictures imho...

i like the 1st and 4th shot but i find that the shots are rather soft. not sure its the high iso or the sensor resolution. especially for the first pic, can u share where was the focus spot?

Amazing !
Did you do anything to reduce the noise ?
If these are directly from camera, then WOW.....
Really good and even distribution,. very film like....

Now, itchy fingers already ....can't wait to get my hands on one

I would say the performance of ISO are getting better and better with the later releases of canon DSLRs... but for now 5DmkII rocks! ;)

Thanks for the effort into sharing your pictures. The people looks very receptive to photographer's presence.

IMO, the iso is acceptable for 1024x768 view but the NR is rather high. Nevertheless, the color is keeping up well at iso3200.

hmm,

good noise control, but somehow i feel 40d looks better when using 3200.

Seeing that you had your pics uploaded in Flickr, I hope you don't mind if I pop a question. How do you deal with Flickr's 10MB file size limit? Do you crop or resize your image prior to uploading? Curious coz you have an 18MP DSLR so I'd think some JPGs would cross that 10MB limit.

PS: I'm using 40D and there are times my images go past 10MB and yet, for some reason, I'm still able to upload it to flickr.

:Later,

Last edited:
you could always think outside the box click on the picture and look at the fullsize version .
Oh crap, didn't realise that the pictures are hyperlinked. -_-

At the rough size of 5MP, the ISO3200 look really very decent. :)

Never mind. I got my answer. :embrass:

10MB is for free users. It's 20MB for Pro account holders, like me. :)

:Later,

Last edited:
As for focus points i was having a bit of trouble converting from the 450d and working out how to adjust the focus points so just used the standard 19 point focusing option rather than spot focus which i would normally use for photo 4 .

The cameras are straight out of the camera raw to jpg because photoshop raw converter not available. No noise reduction used on the camera function or in the software.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.