High ISO NR

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
That is what it states on the Nikon D300 manual page 263. According to the page, it states you can perform noise reduction on the camera when you need to take picture at high iso setting.

However, I can't understand how and what it means by 'memory buffer will drop' anyone can explain?

Bukitimah said:
That is what it states on the Nikon D300 manual page 263. According to the page, it states you can perform noise reduction on the camera when you need to take picture at high iso setting.

However, I can't understand how and what it means by 'memory buffer will drop' anyone can explain?

The devices will need temporary memory to temporary store the images for the processor to work on. This memory is shared together with usage of buffeting the images during high speed capture. This is what it means by less buffering. Nothing big deal actually. Just snap slower.

Does the NR set to high cause the pic to be softer?

small pig said:

Yes, because noise reduction affects details.

small pig said:

At high iso, you have already lost details. What seemly looks sharp are noises. NR will make the image looks patchy or flat. Edges which are nosy will looks blurry too. That is why they looks soft after NR

Set it to "Normal" will do else image will look flat. If cannot accept then upgrade to ISO king D3s :)

i don't understand the question.