High ISO NR

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamchew85

Jan 2, 2009
in what condition using it? i kinda noob at it

if u do post processing, better to do it with software rather than in camera because it will take awhile to do NR and the camera will slow down quite alot while it is running.

if u do post processing, better to do it with software rather than in camera because it will take awhile to do NR and the camera will slow down quite alot while it is running.

so rather off it?

Also note that if you get the camera to do the NR...it drains your battery too....so you want to save as much power as possible especially if all you have is one battery, features like this and others should be turned off. There are s/w that can do the noise reduction for you more effectively offline on your PC or Mac

yes. because for long exposures, the NR process can take as long as the shutter speed itself.

guys, i think you're all misunderstanding. The ts is talking about high iso nr, not long exposure nr.

Ts, high iso nr means that you're letting the camera try to post process the pic a bit to reduce the noise from high iso shots. keep it on unless you prefer to clean up high iso noise on your own.

As of other settings, I prefer doing the noise processing by myself than to let the camera handle it. Some process the chrominance noise selectively and leave the luminance noise untouched, and some critical users might have a slight change in color. I usually manage them individually for different shots.

Ryan

guys, i think you're all misunderstanding. The ts is talking about high iso nr, not long exposure nr.

Ts, high iso nr means that you're letting the camera try to post process the pic a bit to reduce the noise from high iso shots. keep it on unless you prefer to clean up high iso noise on your own.

alamak. i cockeye. but then its the same thing. will take the camera a slight while to process the NR. not as long as long exposure NR i think. :embrass::embrass::embrass:

It might reduce ur buffer for more shots.

Ryan

alamak. i cockeye. but then its the same thing. will take the camera a slight while to process the NR. not as long as long exposure NR i think. :embrass::embrass::embrass:

nope. no speed difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.