High-end Sony DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lens prices are gona go up up up up!!!:sweat:

Sony plans to launch its first model this summer based on Konica Minolta's Maxxum/Dynax mount system, meaning that existing owners of those lenses--Konica Minolta sold about 16 million lenses over the years--will be able to use them on Sony's SLR.
Summer... :think:

huh? I thought there's an interview with Sony on one of the website saying that Sony will flood the market with low-end budget entry DSLR trying to capture 20% to 25% of the market? Now this is other news.. haha which one to believe now?? ;)

so, will Sony announce in PMA then launch in Summer, or is it too early to announce in PMA?

Who knows..

I think Sony will be force to announce something this PMA... shall see.. can't wait..

Hope initial plan of 7Di or 9D will be announce...

Hart

Think we can officially call Sony Users Droids... *KM users automatic become a Droid...

Cos Sony came out with a R1 that look like a KM camera... next camera will be called R2... and if i buy, it will call D2, R2D2 anybody?

who knows, next DSLR might be named C3...with aPO lens...

Hmmm... I wonder will there be a time of Sony vs. Samsung...... :think:

coolz ahhaa let wait and see lor...

the report seems to be based on the same interview leh... or at least the info inside is the same...

sadly, the only reference to "high-end" is in the title: "Sony eyes push into high-end digital cameras"

and if you read lower down... "Sony is the world's No. 2 digital camera maker behind Canon but it currently has no presence in the potentially lucrative digital SLR market, having lacked the history selling interchangeable lenses for film SLRs to warrant a push."

in other words, the "high-end DIGITAL CAMERAS" = digital SLRs in general, instead of point and shoot cameras. it says nothing about a high-end dSLR. all the title is saying is that sony wants to go into dSLR.

but we can still hope lah. :cool:

tokrot said:
huh? I thought there's an interview with Sony on one of the website saying that Sony will flood the market with low-end budget entry DSLR trying to capture 20% to 25% of the market? Now this is other news.. haha which one to believe now?? ;)

and guess where the 25% market share will come from? :think:

Wai said:
and guess where the 25% market share will come from? :think:

not from me definitely, i am quitting sony products! i wont touch their products from now on. nokia hp buiz good, they go into hp buiz with sony ericsson. canon digi cam buiz good, they also go into digi cam buiz. Now entry-level dslr market good, they also wan to go into it. Everything also follow others, dun they have a mind of their own? Even if they have it, thanks for the "prezzie" they put into their cds, i will not consider their products anymore.

pai said:
the report seems to be based on the same interview leh... or at least the info inside is the same...

sadly, the only reference to "high-end" is in the title: "Sony eyes push into high-end digital cameras"

and if you read lower down... "Sony is the world's No. 2 digital camera maker behind Canon but it currently has no presence in the potentially lucrative digital SLR market, having lacked the history selling interchangeable lenses for film SLRs to warrant a push."

in other words, the "high-end DIGITAL CAMERAS" = digital SLRs in general, instead of point and shoot cameras. it says nothing about a high-end dSLR. all the title is saying is that sony wants to go into dSLR.

but we can still hope lah. :cool:

True, but the fact that they are buying KM, and KM has every experience and knowledge in producing High-End Camera equipment, hence Sony will have a push into the market if they channel it righ...

Well, we can only hope for the best.

Hart

kcuf2 said:
canon digi cam buiz good, they also go into digi cam buiz.

Just for records, sony made their first digicam DSC F1 in 1996, way before the digicam "buiz" was good. that's how they corner such a big market in digicam.

Paul_Yeo said:
will it be using memory stick? :embrass:

Probably yes and will be using with CF. According to my analysis, Sony prosumer DC do use the combination of both CF and MS.

seems sony style far away from DSLR, but shining toys

Status
Not open for further replies.