Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakybear

May 6, 2004
Hi,

Does anyone knows where I can buy the following monitors in singapore:

1. EIZO L568 / L768
2. NEC LCD1980SX / LCD1980SXi

I have searched through the whole of Funan and SLS but to no avail.

for eizo, can try calling powermatic.
Tel : 6382 3373

w.s said:
for eizo, can try calling powermatic.
Tel : 6382 3373

Hi, Thanks for the info. I called hardwareplace this morning and found they are also selling the Eizo, both L568 and L768.

sneakybear said:
Hi, Thanks for the info. I called hardwareplace this morning and found they are also selling the Eizo, both L568 and L768.
How much are they selling for? Powermatic had the L568AS for $799 during the last day of Sitex 2004.

Regards
CK

isit 18 or 24 bit

ckiang said:
How much are they selling for? Powermatic had the L568AS for $799 during the last day of Sitex 2004.

Regards
CK

I was quoted 899 for L568. I asked about the L768 and he says "roughly 1.2k+, exact price not out yet, will only know tomorrow (monday) evening." I'm also interested to know the price of the L887 (20") but did not ask. Will call powermatic tomorrow.

Has anyone checks with powermatic on the price of L568/L768 or L887? If yes, what's the price they quote?

sneakybear said:
I was quoted 899 for L568. I asked about the L768 and he says "roughly 1.2k+, exact price not out yet, will only know tomorrow (monday) evening." I'm also interested to know the price of the L887 (20") but did not ask. Will call powermatic tomorrow.

Has anyone checks with powermatic on the price of L568/L768 or L887? If yes, what's the price they quote?
Thanks. Looks like its quite a bit more than the Sitex price then. For 19" you can also check out the Sharp LL-T19D1 which is $1k or less. I got mine at Sitex for $819. It is also a 24-bit monitor.

Regards
CK

dont mind i OT abit:

for lcd we talk of contrast ratio eg 1000:1

then what is the contrast ratio for crt?? since we r more commonly used to seeing cr since the older days and yet nobody talk about contrast ratio for crt? :think: or is the concept of contrast ratio undefined for crt

user111 said:
dont mind i OT abit:

for lcd we talk of contrast ratio eg 1000:1

then what is the contrast ratio for crt?? since we r more commonly used to seeing cr since the older days and yet nobody talk about contrast ratio for crt? :think: or is the concept of contrast ratio undefined for crt
Contrast Ratio is not applicable for CRTs.

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
Thanks. Looks like its quite a bit more than the Sitex price then. For 19" you can also check out the Sharp LL-T19D1 which is $1k or less. I got mine at Sitex for $819. It is also a 24-bit monitor.

Regards
CK

Hi,

Actually I was considering the Sharp 19D1 too. The latest price I checked was 899 at Funan. During SITEX, I was offered 699 (only first 5 sets) but did not take up the offer because I had not reviewed and considered buying it seriously.

After much review, I think i'm going to get the EIZO. My CRT just blew and I hope the EIZO can match or come very close to the CRT in terms of colour accuracy. I'm using the display mainly for photo editing/raw conversion work.

Status
Not open for further replies.