High end Cleaning accessories??

Status
Not open for further replies.

parn23

Apr 16, 2002
Zanarkand
Visit site
Hi,
I was hoping to get some good/high end cleaning accessories for my new digi cam; e.g blower, cleaning solutions...etc.

Price is not an issue, any recommendation on what to get and where? Thanks!

:)

Originally posted by parn23
Hi,
I was hoping to get some good/high end cleaning accessories for my new digi cam; e.g blower, cleaning solutions...etc.

Price is not an issue, any recommendation on what to get and where? Thanks!

:)

Try the lens pen! One end is the retractable brush while the other end is a cleaning round 'pad' that cleans superbly from edge to edge. No cleaning solution needed, just do it yourself with free condensation/exhalation before cleaning. It works really well.

But, please make sure you brush away any dust or particle settled on the lens before you start cleaning!!!

Cheap cheap at $10, try the shop opposite Cathay Photo.

As for blower, get those heavy duty ones ($7 to $10 I think). The cheaper ones (especially those came with or as a cleaning kit) tend to get punctured very easily... avoid!

thanks for advice. At the moment I only got a rodenstock micro-fiber cleaning cloth.
I know it's not enough, but I don't know what else is needed... perhaps a jumbo hurricane blower?? I saw it at cathay photo selling for $18. Anyway, if I were to get a good cleaning solution,
any recommendations?

:dunno:

Originally posted by parn23
thanks for advice. At the moment I only got a rodenstock micro-fiber cleaning cloth.
I know it's not enough, but I don't know what else is needed... perhaps a jumbo hurricane blower?? I saw it at cathay photo selling for $18. Anyway, if I were to get a good cleaning solution,
any recommendations?

:dunno:

I first started using those cleaning kit, cleaning cloth and cleaning solution. What I get was a scratched lens with abit of curse and swear.

Since I turned to lens pen, I don't need any other.... But I still use the Hurricane Blower ($7 I think in Ruby Photo, Opp TCW)

oh no... can't imagine such a disaster could happen.
then I think i will stick with what I have now. Thanks for sharing the experience. :)

i got deer skin from konica......to wipe my lenses......cost abt 10 bucks ......great........for all glasses......

Status
Not open for further replies.