Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

leowyien

Jan 31, 2010
Serangoon
I am 13 this year and studying in Hwa Chong institution. I love photography, and has since bought myself a 500d with a sigma 28-300mm lens.

Are you a pro in this field of photgraphy?

How do you define pro?
Someone who uses a DSLR? Someone who owns the most expensive DSLR? Someone who uses a DSLR from the popular brands? Someone who owns DSLRs from all brands? Someone who is a full time photographer? Or other definition?

Someone who has a great experience in photography and can capture images with any camera.

"Great" images with any camera. Sorry

Great pictures? How to define what is a great picture then?

Owning a DSLR will not guarantee that you will get nice pictures and using a compact camera will not necessarily mean that the pictures are crap. Photography is art and art is subjective. What I like in a picture, you may not like it.

Seeing your other threads, I would suggest that you stick with what you have first and start reading on the basics of photography and putting them into practice before thinking of upgrading your camera or lens.

I have recently seen the camera armour on display but I wonder how much it costs. Does it even work anyway?

nice package u have for a entry lvl ;)

Welcome... CS

Google is a good tool for beginners seeking information.

Many times, doing a search online for your required info will be a better idea than posting many stuff within a short time in CS.

Have fun. :)

and he will unleash nightmare upon u

no no no, i will help him spread the joyful tidings

can post it on stomp, hwz, etc..... even sammyboy

i will register account JUST FOR HIM to find his loved one :heart:

hello and welcome to CS!

it's not whether you're 'pro' or not. 'pro' photogs can mean people who do it as a profession, but ultimately the definition of 'great image' is subjective and varies from person to person. a photo should speak for itself and not require much words, haha.

anyway, great beginning kit you have there (though i think 28mm a wee bit tight for some uses). learn the basics with what you have now, don't get the buybuybuy virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.