Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

staymydistance

Jul 4, 2009
Hello! I'm new here! :D

After fiddling with my cyber-shot phone, I have an interest in exploring photography. But I have a really tight budget so having a dslr is definitely out of the picture. I'm looking at FUJI S1500 cause I saw it on a pamphlet and they are having a sale.

I have read some reviews online, but I am still unsure whether it is good or not. One review said its good enough for a beginner so it should fit my criteria quite well? But another review asked consumers to consider other models. So I am kind of stuck in the middle.

Anyone has any opinion on this S1500 model? Please help me out. Thanks! :)

Hi! Welcome to CS!

Is this the sub $500 cheap superzoom?

Hi staymydistance,

welcome to CS

Thanks for all the welcome messages! :D
YSLee: i don't know which one you're referring to...

Hello...welcome.

Do you prefer a small compact cam or a bridge cam or a DSLR?
Do you know the differences between them?

Erm... I think i'll prefer a bridge camera. this model i am looking at is a bridge camera right?

A bridge camera is something like a dslr but the lens cannot be changed? Its more convenient right? In terms of maintanance. And cheaper cause there's no need to buy lens.

:)

Hey staymydistance,

Welcomt to CS !!! :p

raptor1988: ya, a prosumer. :D How do you find Fuji S1500? :)
Ninestar: thank you! :)

Erm... I think i'll prefer a bridge camera. this model i am looking at is a bridge camera right?

A bridge camera is something like a dslr but the lens cannot be changed? Its more convenient right? In terms of maintanance. And cheaper cause there's no need to buy lens.

:)

Yes you're right. Bridge cams are often known as prosumer cams as well. Fuji & Panasonic produce both produces great prosumer cams IMO. What will you be shooting and what are the features & functions that you need in the cam?

I will most probably be shooting sceneries and flowers. I am not sure what functions I would need... But the paranoma function in S1500 seems cool.

For scenery, a wide angle will be good while for flowers, a macro function would come in handy. A prosumer cam would be able to do well in both. The panorama function is pretty good. In fact I'm quite impress with the sweep panorama function and the big sensor in the Sony HX1. The price is not cheap though but it's definitely a solid cam with good features. You can consider that too.

Welcome to CS family! :)

Hi staymydistance, welcome to the CS family ! :D

For scenery, a wide angle will be good while for flowers, a macro function would come in handy. A prosumer cam would be able to do well in both. The panorama function is pretty good. In fact I'm quite impress with the sweep panorama function and the big sensor in the Sony HX1. The price is not cheap though but it's definitely a solid cam with good features. You can consider that too.

Thanks for your advice. I went to check the price for Sony HX1. Its really not cheap. Haha. Exceed my budget by too much already. ): Thanks anyway! :)

josho, jtsky, horizon_grazer: Thank you! :)

Oh btw, may I know what's the shop that wholesale cameras at North Bridge Road? The owner's name is Alan. What's the shop name?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.