Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kiply

Hi guys. Thought I'd just say hello with my first post. Was checking over at Hardware Zone Forums when I came across the link for this one. I just picked up digital photography and purchased my first digicam. Can't seem to put it down! Guess it must be newbie fever heh! Will try to post pics for critique and will sure learn new things from this community. Have a nice day!
:D

Enjoy ur stay ;)

beware of the stalker ...... :devil: ;p

Good Good.. new member! New 'followers'... :devil:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looks like we have a lively bunch here! Anyway, I'm using a Canon S40 sold to me by my cousin who upgraded to a G2. Although it looks like an idiot proof camera, I was told that it has some great manual features as well. I've taken some photos at JBP (preparing it for posting) and itching to try nightshots at Chinese Garden. I happen to live nearby and its well lighted up these past few days. any tips for taking good photos at night?

Originally posted by kiply
Thanks for the warm welcome. Looks like we have a lively bunch here! Anyway, I'm using a Canon S40 sold to me by my cousin who upgraded to a G2. Although it looks like an idiot proof camera, I was told that it has some great manual features as well. I've taken some photos at JBP (preparing it for posting) and itching to try nightshots at Chinese Garden. I happen to live nearby and its well lighted up these past few days. any tips for taking good photos at night?

a good tripod is a must for night, long exposure is required too.

i am not sure abt the spec for S40, any noise reduction features at night?

Use self-timer or remote control during night shoots :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what is noise reduction? I was checking through the manual, but all i could find was this entry:

This camera applies special processing to images shot at shutter speeds slower than 1.3 seconds to eliminate the noise ...

I assume then that there is some form of noise reduction in the camera. Any Canon S40 experts here?

Originally posted by kiply
Pardon my ignorance, but what is noise reduction? I was checking through the manual, but all i could find was this entry:

This camera applies special processing to images shot at shutter speeds slower than 1.3 seconds to eliminate the noise ...

I assume then that there is some form of noise reduction in the camera.

Ye, that's it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.