Hi...would appreciate some advise.

Aug 20, 2015
Punggol
Hi,

I am currently using a canon 70d & Yong Nuo 568EX Flash.

I have a question here. Usually, when capturing childen moments, i will snap 2-3 shoots rapidly to get the best image in frame.

However, my flash gun will only fire on the first shot, leaving the remaining 2 shots dark.

Any ways for me to make the flash gun fire faster.

Appreciate your comments or remedies.

Rgds.

Hi,

I have a question here. Usually, when capturing childen moments, i will snap 2-3 shoots rapidly to get the best image in frame.

However, my flash gun will only fire on the first shot, leaving the remaining 2 shots dark.

Rgds.

You never mention what are your setting and what mode is your flash on and how fast was your shutter speed for the burst mode.

You do understand all flash operates differently depending on setting, frequency of shots in between and how powerful a flash you bought for your budget. It take time to recharge before you get to fire again and again continuously.

There are no tricks to this unless you know your flash well enough to use it as efficiently within it's built in limitation and budget spent on the flash..

If your flash fire at 100% power, depending on how powerful a flash you bought, it can takes less or longer time to recharge before it is ready for another full 100% power shot.

But if it only needed 20% of power to flash a scene as there were enough light detected by the flash sensor, it will be ready to fire again without needing to charge up further. It is simple technical limitation that's built into your flash. It is like filling a bucket with water to the rim before you throw the whole lot at someone and then you have to refill it again to throw a full bucket of water again.

Want to fire off continuously non stop for say 3 frames, you have to know roughly how much power each shot will tax the flash within that charge. How many times or fast a flash fire before it refuse to depend on how good a flash you bought when say you want to fire at full power continuously. In some cases, it can still fire but the output will not be 100% but partial resulting in a weak dim lit photo.

Want to get the most out of our flash? Then you need to know your flash well enough. Go to youtube to find tons of video lessons on this topic.

1. Increase the ISO value to a higher value so that the flash will not need to pump out more light & deplete the storage capacitor. It will also charge much up more quickly for the next & subsequent shot.

2. Use high capacity 2000mAH or 2500 mAH NiMh batteries. NiMh batteries can provide the high current demand to charge up the flash capacitor much more quickly than normal dry cells.

3. For even faster flash recycling times you can opt for an external battery pack but I am not sure if the flash that you are using has the option to be used with an external battery pack.

4. Do not to over strees the flash when you operate it continously. You may blow the flash bulb or cause it internals to melt.

Last edited:
Hi,

Rgds.

I think the flash recycle time is not fast enough.

judging by you can only get one flash fired in burst shot, most likely you are too far from your subject or you use a setting that draws a lot of battery power, using battery pack or high capacity batteries without knowing how not to over stress your flash, you will only kill your flash faster.

try using one of these following, or use in combination.

- use a bigger lens aperture setting
- use a higher ISO setting
- get closer to your subject as close as possible, by closer, I mean YOU move in closer, not zooming in
- go to a brighter place to shoot, without depends on flash light.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for all your invaluable sharing. I guess i have pretty much to understand on my flash gun.

Cheers

Rgds.