Hi, Want to kno abt Film SLR

MadSlyder

Sep 14, 2010
Yishun
Hi, im currently own EOS 500D, but i tot of getting at least one film cameras..but full frame Like EOS 1N, EOS 1V or EOS 3..but i juz wana kno how u'all post all those pix in the computer with film cameras..coz they dont produce CF or SD cards..any help here..tanx.. :)

Hi, im currently own EOS 500D, but i tot of getting at least one film cameras..but full frame Like EOS 1N, EOS 1V or EOS 3..but i juz wana kno how u'all post all those pix in the computer with film cameras..coz they dont produce CF or SD cards..any help here..tanx.. :)

Get the images scanned with a film scanner. You can get the lab to do it for you too.

What is the advantage of using film SLR over digital SLR?

What is the advantage of using film SLR over digital SLR?

Many people feel it's the real way to train your skills and your eye. You can't take 500 shots and delete the ones you don't like, you need to get it right the first time.

does film have better dynamic range?

oceanpriest said:

No. Film has less dynamic range actually. But IMHO film handles blown highlights dark shadows a little more "elegantly".

That's debatable; compared to earlier digital sensors, certainly. But imho modern sensors have easily more dynamic range than film.

oke..wat is imho sensors..im eager to kno abt film cameras..and which film catridge is better for EOS 1N/EOS 1V..plus does film SLR can produce bigger prints without a blur pixels? wat are the right terms of the word "megapixels" in film cameras..coz i think in film SLRs does not call it megapixels but it call something which i don really kno..

negative film has larger exposure latitude than slide film, and slide film has similar exposure latitude to digital, hence most people translate that to film has larger dynamic range.

film and digital is just a medium of photography, it is meaningless to say which is better, just like you can't say which is better between oil painting and watercolor, it depends on which medium is more preferable for each individuals.

oke..wat is imho sensors..im eager to kno abt film cameras..and which film catridge is better for EOS 1N/EOS 1V..plus does film SLR can produce bigger prints without a blur pixels? wat are the right terms of the word "megapixels" in film cameras..coz i think in film SLRs does not call it megapixels but it call something which i don really kno..

imho is an internet term. It means "in my humble opinion". It's been around since the 1990's.

As for the film that you use, that will depend on what you want to shoot. There's black and white, or color; and even with color film, different film has different color tones and vibrancy/saturation. Also, you'll need to select the ISO speed of film that you want.

Film does not use pixels. Don't confuse what is essentially analog with digital. There is no "megapixel" term for film.

If you have such little knowledge, I really do suggest you read up a bit more online. google and wikipedia have tons of articles for you. Just google for "film photography" and start reading.

oryte tanx fyi guyz..much appreciated.. :)