Hi to all fellow enthusiasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

De_Cruelz

Dec 6, 2005
Hey guys, this is my first post here after stumbling upon this great forum.

As it is my first post, I don't think i'm allowed to post in the trading forums yet? Anyway, i'm looking to purchase a Epson P-2000 and perhaps the Canon 70-200 F2.8 L.

Upon browsing this forum i've noticed that the few good places to check for prices are Alan's, Cathay and MSColor? Could anyone here provide the latest prices for those 2 items mentioned above? I haven't done any shopping or visited any of those shops yet as I thought it would be better for me to get a rough price reference here before I jump in and purchase those items.

Thanks for your time!

Welcome to the forum.

I think both Cathay Photo and MSColor have e-quote service. Send an email and ask then make a decision.

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I will send Cathay and MSColor an email to enquire about their prices. Btw, are the prices they quote the lowest they can offer or will they lower it somemore with in-store bargaining?

usually its the lowest. if u buy alot, then maybe can bargain for more stuff. i've had good experiences buying from alan photo (Funan centre only) and cathay photo.

me too! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome people! All of you have been most helpful. I think I should start posting some pics I took for critique when I visited the Orchid Garden. Perhaps some constructive criticism can help improve my skills and technique :)

Btw, I dropped by Funan yesterday for a short while. IIRC, Alan's price for the P-2000 was $888 and John 3:16 was $860. I forgot to ask if that was inclusive of GST but i'm assuming it should be? The salesperson at John 3:16 was really friendly and helpful.

I did a search on this forum and it seems the cheapest so far is $790 ex-GST from Parisilk Electronics. Is that a reliable shop to purchase from? I have no idea as I only know they sell general electronics and don't specialize in camera equipment.

Thanks again everyone for the replies. You all have been most helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.